Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

TrackIR and reset view on pause

Perhaps it's a different setup but TIR never snapped back to center without command in FSX or P3D, never. I always had the regular camera snap back disabled though. The center command was set up for that. In MSFS, there was a bug that, after pause and a second delay the view would snap back.

It's very simple, program a key or button for pause and second for center. I use a rocker switch.

You do not need to own or use FSUIPC - you can program those keys directly in the TIR program profiles area

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Perhaps it's a different setup but TIR never snapped back to center without command in FSX or P3D, never. I always had the regular camera snap back disabled though. The center command was set up for that. In MSFS, there was a bug that, after pause and a second delay the view would snap back.

It's very simple, program a key or button for pause and second for center. I use a rocker switch.

You do not need to own or use FSUIPC - you can program those keys directly in the TIR program profiles area

That is the way it worked in P3D and FS9, when unpausing, there would be about a one second delay, and it would snap to center. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is the way it worked in P3D and FS9, when unpausing, there would be about a one second delay, and it would snap to center. 

I have never experienced the "snap center" view on pause with any simulator (P3D, XP, DCS etc.).

Originally, MSFS would "snap center" on pause after a few seconds. I am glad that they got rid of this action. When I hit pause, i want it to pause....right there.

I have three TIR button assignments on my HOTAS (1 for pause, 2 for center, and 3 for center, then pause with macro strokes). So we can all have the various outcomes without forcing a "center view" when someone just wants to simply pause and look at instruments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I suspect it's a function of how you have your camera's set. First thing I always did in FS9, FSX and P3D is disable that awful snap back to center in the hat switch. So I also never saw that with TIR except in MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have TrackIR 4 for  a number of years and decided to try it in MSFS. I installed the software but cannot get MSFS from gamelist because when I click on Game Updates I always get an error saying:

"An error occurred while contacting the update server. The error was: The data is invalid" 

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

8 minutes ago, ega said:

I have TrackIR 4 for  a number of years and decided to try it in MSFS. I installed the software but cannot get MSFS from gamelist because when I click on Game Updates I always get an error saying:

"An error occurred while contacting the update server. The error was: The data is invalid" 

Any suggestion?

Thanks

I have TrackIR 5 and just for the heck of it I tried just now to see if the Game list needed updating and like you I received the error message. I don't see FS2020 in my list, only FSX and FSX(Steam Edition) However, my TrackIR still works with FS2020.

But did you select FSX on the gamelist? Even after starting MSFS I see on the TIR software (below device, profile on top left) title: None -  it should show MSFS! 

Edmundo Azevedo

3 hours ago, Tailwinds said:

I have TrackIR 5 and just for the heck of it I tried just now to see if the Game list needed updating and like you I received the error message. I don't see FS2020 in my list, only FSX and FSX(Steam Edition) However, my TrackIR still works with FS2020.

What version of software do you have? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

TrackIR for me just stays view wise the same place as when I pause, perfect. 5.4

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What version of software do you have? 

The latest - version 5.4.2.

Thks

Edmundo Azevedo

My version says 5.4.2 or to give it's full precise number; 5.4.2.27545 and I managed to update my games list without receiving the error message about not being able to connect, but strangely, FS2020 still does not appear in the dropdown list of games. However, TrackIR still works with MSFS.

Ok but what about when you take off TrackClip or TrackClipPro from your head and go do something else while in cruise for example. It should snap back to center at least in this case when there is no connection. It worked this way before. Now I have to lean forward, be completely still, center the view, pause TrackIR and then take off my headphones (where I have my TrackClipPro), before I just took off the headphones and when I came back put them on and it worked immediately.

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Ok but what about when you take off TrackClip or TrackClipPro from your head and go do something else while in cruise for example. It should snap back to center at least in this case when there is no connection. It worked this way before. Now I have to lean forward, be completely still, center the view, pause TrackIR and then take off my headphones (where I have my TrackClipPro), before I just took off the headphones and when I came back put them on and it worked immediately.

Indeed, that's what bothers me most.

Nevertheless with my key/button-assignments I suggested before it's just one press (and release) of that button, before you can take off the headset. You just need to be still between pressing and releasing the button which is a split second.