Sign in to follow this  
highflyer2020

Working Title CJ4 Showing Off Navigraph MFD Charts!

You guys are amazing. Someone asked on the Aerosoft forums about integration of Navigraph Charts with the CRJ, and they said it's impossible with the SDK at the moment. Looks like that's not Correct!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

That is correct. The entire menu, chart selection, scrolling, zoom levels, georeferencing, etc are all exactly as on the real unit.

-Matt

Thank You Working Title team for all your hard work on your projects. Amazing work you people do.

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Release of this feature is pretty close, and it is very fun to use.
To give a little bit of backstory...Months ago we were already thinking about how useful this would be to have in the actual plane. But it was always low on priority being more of a "gimmick". Some days ago we pulled the trigger on finally trying it out as a proof of concept. As we always strive for pushing the boundary of what we can do inside the sim.

To me personally, it turned out to be much more useable and readable than I expected. It really adds a lot of immersion and is just very fun to have, even though I have a second monitor. It is good that it will be there and you can use it, nobody forces you to. Like with many systems in the plane.

It had to be implemented because I wanted to have it and because I can, so I did. 😉

Edited by dga711
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, dga711 said:

Release of this feature is pretty close, and it is very fun to use.
To give a little bit of backstory...Months ago we were already thinking about how useful this would be to have in the actual plane. But it was always low on priority being more of a "gimmick". Some days ago we pulled the trigger on finally trying it out as a proof of concept. As we always strive for pushing the boundary of what we can do inside the sim.

To me personally, it turned out to be much more useable and readable than I expected. It really adds a lot of immersion and is just very fun to have, even though I have a second monitor. It is good that it will be there and you can use it, nobody forces you to. Like with many systems in the plane.

It had to be implemented because I wanted to have it and because I can, so I did. 😉

I'm incredibly grateful for this and to me it's far from a gimmick. I have an ultrawide monitor and don't like using a second screen as it lowers immersion for me. Every extra bit of info I can get out of the cockpit without tabbing out etc is awesome. Thanks for working on it :)

• Like 1

Even with 2 iPads I look forward to the chart intergraion. Thank you for all the wonderfull work and dont let the odd nay sayer get to you, there is alway aleast one. 

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

In the Milviz KA350 in P3D they have also implemented this function with the ability to have acces to the chart (in the US teritory only if I'm not mistaken) without the need to have a navigraph subscription. Probably taking advantage of a free ressource available somewhere on the internet

Do you plan to propose the same thing at some point ?

Anyway way, neat feature, thanks and congratulation for the work done so far, appreciate a lot this aircraft with your mod.

1 hour ago, Bushido5 said:

In the Milviz KA350 in P3D they have also implemented this function with the ability to have acces to the chart (in the US teritory only if I'm not mistaken) without the need to have a navigraph subscription. Probably taking advantage of a free ressource available somewhere on the internet

Do you plan to propose the same thing at some point ?

Of course there a different data providers out there that could also make sense to implement. As always it is a matter of time, legal things and who wants to do it.
Also not all providers have georeferenced charts or present them in a way that is easy to digest from a code perspective.

I also want to be clear that it is not about endorsing Navigraph. It was just a matter of what I use in private and that they provide a very good API that contains all the data you need to do a relatively quick implementation of such feature. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dga711 said:

Of course there a different data providers out there that could also make sense to implement. As always it is a matter of time, legal things and who wants to do it.
Also not all providers have georeferenced charts or present them in a way that is easy to digest from a code perspective.

I also want to be clear that it is not about endorsing Navigraph. It was just a matter of what I use in private and that they provide a very good API that contains all the data you need to do a relatively quick implementation of such feature. 

Thank you for what you are doing! I can't wait for this! I do have 2 monitors, one for my sim and the other is for my charts and stuff. This is going to be great for me because I fly almost totally in VR and part of my problem is of course, looking at my charts, especially in MSFS. With MSFS I have to exit VR to be able to do anything on my second monitor(move the mouse) then I have to get back into VR after I am done with that second monitor. In P3D and x-plane I just move my mouse to the second monitor without exiting anything, raise my goggles a bit and read what I need to then carry on. This is going to be AWESOME!!! Again; THANK YOU!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

@dga711

I think there is a bug with ATIS, I have done two flights in the USA KBUR to KSFO and one just now KBDL to KIAD when around 40 miles away from KIAD suddenly KOKV ATIS comes on and stays ON the same happen into KSFO. You can change ATC in the ATC window but no matter what you do the same ATIS repeats and if you try to enter a new com in the FMS it says invalid.

So untill you land its repeating all the time, both flight the only time it stoped was after landing. I had another ATIS Dailed in and it did swop but then played both at the same time NOOOOooooooooooo.

Also this, a few have no idea what there talking about and the ones that do seem to also use the CJ4 wt like I was in both flights. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/atis-randomly-starts-playing-over-and-over/361488/11

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

@dga711

I think there is a bug with ATIS, I have done two flights in the USA KBUR to KSFO and one just now KBDL to KIAD when around 40 miles away from KIAD suddenly KOKV ATIS comes on and stays ON the same happen into KSFO. You can change ATC in the ATC window but no matter what you do the same ATIS repeats and if you try to enter a new com in the FMS it says invalid.

I have had that same ATIS bug also right when you could do without the interference.  At least once swapping frequencies several times stop ATIS from continuing.  Possibly a FS2020 issue and not a Working Title / Flybywire issue?  I have had it in the A320 also.

Addition: This happens when switching to tower frequency for me.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Additional text
  • Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

On 3/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, Nyxx said:

@dga711

This is a core game AI ATC related bug and could happen with any default or 3rd party plane. For example, spawn at C16 Frasca Field in aircraft, turn on avionics and see what happens. The AI ATC is useless just like much of the rest in this "flight" game so it's best to avoid it like a plague.

7 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

This is a core game AI ATC related bug and could happen with any default or 3rd party plane. For example, spawn at C16 Frasca Field in aircraft, turn on avionics and see what happens. The AI ATC is useless just like much of the rest in this "flight" game so it's best to avoid it like a plague.

Yeah, I try telling my friends who are new to flight sim to avoid default ATC. I have never bothered with online ATC but pilot2atc, with added voices of course, is pretty amazing.

I wonder if we will get navigraph integration with tablets/kneeboards of some kind soon?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I've been using the Navigraph integration for a few flights nows, and I'm extremely impressed on how well this works with 0 impact on performance. Also, the CJ4 flies the selected SIDs and STARs perfectly, like the plane is on rails. 

Can't praise the WT guys enough. Each update adds significant value to the plane. I also like the fact that they don't waste their time on useless gimmicks. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1