Sign in to follow this  
tommy212

P3v5 Dynamic Lights Issue

Hi Guys,

I'm having a real issue with P3Dv5 Dynamic Lighting.  I know that the dynamic light settings changed with P3Dv5 and I am editing the fx files from the visual editor in the SDK to get them working correctly but I cannot get the effects to show on the ground outside of the visual editor.  Pictures show:

Full Dynamic Light shows from visual editor when clicking Do Effect

example-3.jpg

But when I reopen P3Dv5 the effect shows on surrounding aircraft but the light splash on the ground doesn't show.

example-2.jpg

example-1.jpg

This only happens when I am creating Dynamic Lighting files so I can presume there is something I am missing that allows the ground splash.  Dynamic Lighting is enabled, fx files are placed using ADE and compiled as separate scenery objects to separate from the ADE.

Appreciate any help as I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this!

Best Regards,

Tom

I'm having a similar issues as in the post below which I've not been able to resolve either. Tried tweaking settings and cfg file but not had any luck.

Darren Findlay-Stewart

What I would do is to look at an Inibuilds DL file and use that as a template? Or just see if they have DL files for the airports you use the most.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Whenever I have DL issues I do these things:

download latest inibuilds library and DL profile for the airport 

visual fx slider on high in P3d settings

clear all shaders and restart P3d. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.