Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

SimSounds?

Is anyone using SimSounds?  If so, how does it work well with FS2Crew in terms of the cabin crew?  Does it work with PMDG aircraft other than the 737?  Thank you!

Edited by Chuck Dreier

2 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Is anyone using SimSounds?  If so, how does it work well with FS2Crew in terms of the cabin crew?  Does it work with PMDG aircraft other than the 737?  Thank you!

I use SimSounds with the CLS/Justflight DC-10.  But that's about all I use it with.

I'm not sure how it would interact with FS2Crew sounds, but probably it would interfere -- but SimSounds has the capability to turn OFF certain sounds you don't want (for example, I tend to turn off the pax/crew sounds since I fly cargo DC-10's).   I use an older version of SimSounds, only because I have been too lazy to upgrade it, but I'm sure the latest version would still allow you to disable some of the sounds.  It's an easy mouse click to do that.

I do not use SimSounds with PMDG, and in fact I've never even tried to use SimSounds with PMDG.   PMDG aircraft are usually so "spot on" in terms of sounds that I don't really need SimSounds with them.  I use SimSounds with the DC-10 only because it's missing a lot of good sounds (like ground roll) that aren't even in the TSS DC-10 Soundpack.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I would only be using this to add some cabin sounds that I miss from the old FSPAX days.

i use it a lot on every flight.. it adds cabin announcements, background cabin noise, engine sounds, fan and avionics hum etc.. pretty neat app.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I love it. It adds some character to flights. I have the English, Portuguese and Spanish. Oddly, they don't have an American one. It's not real fancy, Just does cabin announcements and boarding (with music) when you would expect them. (Looking for the right Audacity settings to add a couple of American sets.)