Sign in to follow this  
chrpank

My experience with X-Plane 11.52

50 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Only default plane I fly is the 172 and have updated flight model for that, and for realism cant go past the Les Saab 340 being having a blast with it with recent update

Yeah, so all the planes using an xlua base (except the 744, but that isn't short of its own issues ), which aiui, includes, sasl, flywithlua and gizmo, but I haven't followed if they have updated since it was confirmed early Feb, have a memory reuse bug inside of xplane, and the more complex the systems the more likely it is to cause random damage, eventually resulting in either insane behaviour or a CTD.

Whatever the cause though, what is described in the OP is listed as a known bug in the latest release notes

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-52-release-notes/

XPD-10830 Device loss crash when using Vulkan

Even if potential causes like the above aren't. 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

36 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

11.52 still falls back to OpenGL every 3rd start or so.

It actually does every time you face some sort of problem with VULKAN - which means you **** up your system/X-Plane installation so it can´t run Vulkan.

It is not a bug, it is a feature so that layman/computer illiterate users don´t lock themselves out of X-Plane by accident 😂

Edited by Janov

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

Have IXEG updated?

None of your concern, you can´t fly it 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Janov said:

you can´t fly it 😂

Why not?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

54 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

11.52 still falls back to OpenGL every 3rd start or so.

I have that issue , lol i should have filed a bug thinking it was only me

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Because - remember? - you ranted a while ago how you never will get anything with DRM and that DRM is the devil, and that you don´t like DRM and you are running only Linux, because Windows is the devil and and you don´t like Windows (and Linux is at least TWICE as fast as Windows 😂😂) and X-Aviation is the devil and you won´t get anything from them because you don´t like them and they are bad people and those little snakes that grow on your head told you all that?

6 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Why not?

Because - remember? - you ranted a while ago how you never will get anything with DRM and that DRM is the devil, and that you don´t like DRM and you are running only Linux, because Windows is the devil and and you don´t like Windows (and Linux is at least TWICE as fast as Windows 😂😂) and X-Aviation is the devil and you won´t get anything from them because you don´t like them and they are bad people and those little snakes that grow on your head told you all that?

Just now, Janov said:

LOL

14 minutes ago, Janov said:

and you are running only Linux,

I have a Mac to, just dont use it that much because the hardware/software isn't as good as my Linux box.

you don´t like DRM

Does anyone? it does two things, adds a couple of weeks before it appears on ___.ru for free after an update, and ####'s off legitimate customers.

X-Aviation is the devil

I pay for support and hardware, X-Aviation offer neither, doesn't make them the devil, just bad at business. There's a lot of that around.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

and ####'s off legitimate customers.

Remember, all pirated software begins with a legitimate customer.

And if X-Aviation offers no support and (I assume you meant...) software, then how have they managed to stay in business for 15 years?

Just because you think the "customer is always right", doesn't make XA wrong if they disagree with you.  It just means you disagree.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

oh my lord, here we go again!!!

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

oh my lord, here we go again!!!

shop is still open popcorn ordered.

15 minutes ago, GoranM said:

no support and (I assume you meant...)

I meant support. This is not support

f4fulwQ.png

16 minutes ago, GoranM said:

then how have they managed to stay in business for 15 years?

C'mon now, thats easy. If the majority of people weren't willing to pay money for things when they could get better versions for free Windows would have died a very long time ago.

AutoATC Developer

@mSparks I'm not going to go around in circles with you again.  Cameron already told you to read the whole thread for context, and you refused.  For the record, if someone DEMANDED support from me, RIGHT NOW, they won't get very far.  I can promise you that.  And I would reply a lot less cordially than Cameron did.  Ask for support, and the customer shall receive support.  Make demands and ultimatums, and the support ends before the reply is even sent.

• Like 2