Sign in to follow this  
chrpank

My experience with X-Plane 11.52

14 minutes ago, Cameron XA said:

ANYWAYS...

I'm glad we could clear up the fact that this was not any issue that ever affected a Gizmo enabled product for our customers. I'm not sure where you had ever got that idea.

We were the ones to report the bug, and it was only in our own internal testing under a unique situation that never once made it to customers' computers.

I cannot speak for SASL or xLua. Only Gizmo.

The Laminar fix isnt chalked up to fix gizmo, it will just guarantee a CTD in the plugin.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, Cameron XA said:

Hmmm. I'm not so convinced by this statement. The problem there is Austin and Ben Supnik are on constant conversation level with me daily, especially when it comes to issues that would concern our products being affected. Both of them are very, very good about getting in touch the second something is amiss.

Maybe if you would just do away with this Gizmo rubbish they wouldn't need to be in touch with you on a daily basis? For Gods sake what is wrong with a simple licence key?  I'm with mSparks on this one. I love the products I have bought but I loath Gizmo.

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Maybe if you would just do away with this Gizmo rubbish they wouldn't need to be in touch with you on a daily basis? For Gods sake what is wrong with a simple licence key? 

they need to be able to revoke access to the products you purchased if you hurt his feelings...

AutoATC Developer

36 minutes ago, mSparks said:

The Laminar fix isnt chalked up to fix gizmo, it will just guarantee a CTD in the plugin.

Still not convinced. We have literally hundreds of thousands of installs. Our inboxes would be lit up, and Laminar would very quickly be up to their wits with these kinds of CTD's. They are not one's to let things like this slide without notice.

Anyways, I think all that's needed to be said has been said here. As an aside FYI, xLUA doesn't use the X-Plane allocator. Perhaps issues are more prone there, I'm not sure. For Gizmo, they aren't.

p.jpeg

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Maybe if you would just do away with this Gizmo rubbish they wouldn't need to be in touch with you on a daily basis? For Gods sake what wrong with a simple licence key? 

Maybe my 20 year relationship with Austin and Ben goes beyond anything to do with products we create. I hope you have friends too.

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

they need to be able to revoke access to the products you purchased if you hurt his feelings...

No.

Edited by Cameron XA

Founder of X-Aviation

6 minutes ago, Cameron XA said:

Maybe my 20 year relationship with Austin and Ben goes beyond anything to do with products we create. I hope you have friends too.

I repeat. What is so wrong about a simple licence key? I keep getting a pop up every now and again saying my licence has been renewed??? Why on earth does it need to be renewed? I simply don't understand? Is the licence time limited?

Edited by jarmstro

1 minute ago, Cameron XA said:

Our inboxes would be lit up, and Laminar would very quickly be up to their wits with these kinds of CTD's.

Most of the time it doesn't CTD, as you said CTDs are rare, the reason I found/fixed it is memory inside threads is much stricter.

most of the time with this kind of bug, even when it happens, you probably wont see anything, some pixels out in a texture, some waypoints on the wrong side of the earth, turning a dial moves the numbers up instead of down, the button just fires some non critical error.

And when it does CTD, it would go as an auto report to LR.

The fix proposed will just fail the call immediately, rather than let gizmo/xlua/FlywithLua etc run around corrupting memory.

AutoATC Developer

Thanks for the discussion, @mSparks. Hope you have a good rest of your day/evening wherever you are in the world!

Founder of X-Aviation

4 minutes ago, Cameron XA said:

Thanks for the discussion, @mSparks. Hope you have a good rest of your day/evening wherever you are in the world!

I will thank you, you to, please just try and have a little more patience with people who are

Is all I ask, you guys are as much the face of XPlane as Laminar, I say these things because I care.

AutoATC Developer

Topic closed, this went way off topic quickly. Sorry to the original poster...

I suggest you guys take your discussion and complaints over to xAviation.

• Like 3