Sign in to follow this  
chatman

Rumors on World Update 5?

Just now, andy1252 said:

We used to have a bookshop in Totnes (Devon), and it's a bit of a hippie haven as a town. Sort of fun but also a bit time-warp. It was a regular thing there that someone would overpaint the "twinned with" signs either end of the town to read "Twinned with Narnia". The council  would eventually clean them off but it'd be back within a few weeks,

Actually, a nice place and worthe a visit.

If you look on the A629 road into Honley in Yorkshire, you'll see someone has written '24 hours from Tulsa' underneath Honley, and that someone is my ex missus, Maxine. That's some quality graffiti right there. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 3/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, AnkH said:

I know I dont gain friends with this, but I would prefer that they first put all efforts into those things we already have and polish the sim in its current state before releasing further world updates. Seriously, unless you start concentrating all your flights on GB only, you wont really profit from the last world update at all, dont you? I mean, I did my first two, three VFR flights in England and Scotland only after the World Update 3 and I was not that much baffled compared to other regions in the world. For those living in the region of the update it is for sure great, but for the rest? Same goes for Japan, I did one single flight over there since the World Update 1. 

However, I struggled and continue to struggle from many scenery issues still present (or even added by one of those World Updates) such as coastline bugs, poor mesh, bad satellite imagery, buggy photogrammetry, missing watermasks, morphing terrain in mountains, buggy snow depiction, no seasonal changes, lod issues and so on. They would better use the full power of their scenery dev team to address those bugs and glitches first... 

But then, that is just my opinion. If they would announce World Update 5 being DE, CH and AT, I would probably change my mind 😉

I agree 1000%!!!!

Seems like most of the effort, since release, is pumping out World Updates over missing and broken Core features!  Not to mention the introduction of more stutters that seem to coincide with every WU release!

I think they need to further staff and prioritize the other team for awhile!  But sadly it seems Aboso is more interested in selling this as a scenery simulator first!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

They’re making areas where customers are. I think oceana is next.

Also where 3rd party developers want to start adding stuff.

It`s logical that a 3rd party dev waits till the area has had a WorldUpdate before making their airport or aoi/poi otherwise they need to do their work twice, they more than likely asked Asobo to do USA and Europe first, because that is where most of their interest is.

I'll be exceedingly interested to see how they do Scandinavia considering large swathes of it is peach fuzz blank junk. 

Are they going to replace the entirety of the ground imagery and elevations for the whole region? Let's hope so because a lovingly crafted POI sitting on top of a rounded smudgy mess of a landscape isn't going to look too hot. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, michaelth said:

how about North Korea?

Borowitz-Trumps-Worst-Hair-Day.jpg

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

14 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

how about North Korea?

They have to suppress the night lighting  in North Korea to make it realistic. 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

58 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I agree 1000%!!!!

Seems like most of the effort, since release, is pumping out World Updates over missing and broken Core features!  Not to mention the introduction of more stutters that seem to coincide with every WU release!

I think they need to further staff and prioritize the other team for awhile!  But sadly it seems Aboso is more interested in selling this as a scenery simulator first!

They explained how the updates worked internally during the Q&A yesterday. Though I don’t remember exactly what they said. But they’re not sacrificing part of the development team to work on either.

Most of the devs working on working on world updates don’t work on core sim features, that’s not their skill set, they’re artists not programmers.

Either way, they’re no longer going to be splitting World Updates and Sim Updates, they’ll be releasing them at the same time now.

Also I got no extra stutters with the newest world update, in fact I have less stutters and smoother FPS.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They explained how the updates worked internally during the Q&A yesterday. Though I don’t remember exactly what they said. But they’re not sacrificing part of the development team to work on either.

Most of the devs working on working on world updates don’t work on core sim features, that’s not their skill set, they’re artists not programmers.

Either way, they’re no longer going to be splitting World Updates and Sim Updates, they’ll be releasing them at the same time now.

Also I got no extra stutters with the newest world update, in fact I have less stutters and smoother FPS.

I've got the impression that most of their devs are tied up on the d*mn XBOX project. Let's just all hope that they don't botch it, so all companies resources do not get sucked in to fixing the issues. If that goes well, then we will probably see a lot of bugs getting addressed quicker in 2H of 2021.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I've got the impression that most of their devs are tied up on the d*mn XBOX project.

The Xbox team is a separate team from what it sounds like, so no. That’s usually the case for most projects that aren’t outsourced. (I’m assuming the Xbox version isn’t outsourced)

The PC team does the stuff first then sends it off to the console team to implement. There are console specific engineers yes, but that’s their job, it’s not taking resources from the PC team because their tool set isn’t for the PC.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

The Xbox team is a separate team from what it sounds like, so no. That’s usually the case for most projects.

That's not what Sebastian said towards the end of Q&A. 

Jacek G.

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Actually, a nice place and worthe a visit.

It is indeed the yoghurt weaving capital of the south west and long may it remain so!

Greetings from East Devon, the south west capital of “let’s take a nice little place and cover it with thousands of horrible new houses built of recycled Kleenex and bako foil.”

😪

13 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

It is indeed the yoghurt weaving capital of the south west and long may it remain so!

Greetings from East Devon, the south west capital of “let’s take a nice little place and cover it with thousands of horrible new houses built of recycled Kleenex and bako foil.”

😪

Greetings from Exeter Racecourse way!  Coniferous trees as far as the eye can see 😄 

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Greetings from Exeter Racecourse way!  Coniferous trees as far as the eye can see 😄 

Ah! The wind shear capital of the south west 👋

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I love whenever this excuse is given!

Regardless of the separate teams  Absoso still have a budget and a limit overall on what they can support internally as a developer on this specific project!  For the time being, they really need to Spend less money, manpower, and staff, on the WU team and pump more money, manpower, pax and resources into the missing still broken core issues and bugs!

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Xbox team is a separate team from what it sounds like, so no. That’s usually the case for most projects that aren’t outsourced. (I’m assuming the Xbox version isn’t outsourced)

The PC team does the stuff first then sends it off to the console team to implement. There are console specific engineers yes, but that’s their job, it’s not taking resources from the PC team because their tool set isn’t for the PC.

Again a Abozo don’t have limited time and resources and an unlimited budget!  They need to take from the other teams and fix the core game issues first!  That should be their priority!

Chris Camp