Sign in to follow this  
Manny

SamScene3D Macau Macao VMMC for MSFS

SamScene3D

Macau Macao VMMC for MSFS

https://samscene.com/products/macau-macao-vmmc-for-msfs?utm_campaign=emailmarketing_112680697936&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

I believe its both the city and the airport? For $17. A Good city to fly from into either VHHH or VHHX (Kai Tak). A short flight. 20 N.Miles direct.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 5

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK I bought it.

Its pretty good. The city is fairly large area. This is the Las Vegas of the Orient.  For a short while, it was Portuguese territory and the city  has Portuguese cultural influence and in its cuisines.  Not unlike Goa, India.

VMMC the Airport is single runway airport and yes, it too is custom modeled and situated right there at the  city edge where the runway extends into the water.

Macau.png

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

I just did an amazing approach to KAI Tak on A330 Air France livery. It was IMC. Changed the daylight to Dusk... but real weather.

Kai-Tak-approach.png

Using the Freeware Kai Tak, The Freeware A330 and the Freeware Replay. but the payware Hong Kong and Paywae Maccau. (There is a Freeware Honk Kong city too)

Kai-Tak-approach-2png.png

Kai-Tak-approach-5.png

Edited by Manny

Manny

56 minutes ago, Manny said:

OK I bought it.

Its pretty good. The city is fairly large area. This is the Las Vegas of the Orient.  For a short while, it was Portuguese territory and the city  has Portuguese cultural influence and in its cuisines.  Not unlike Goa, India.

VMMC the Airport is single runway airport and yes, it too is custom modeled and situated right there at the  city edge where the runway extends into the water.

Macau.png

Oh nice. Not only do you get the airport, but a lot of hotels and buildings in Macau are also modeled.  Seems like it's worth the $17 USD.  I'll wait for this to show up in the MSFS marketplace.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'll get this. The latest MSFS SamScene sceneries have been top notch.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Oh nice. Not only do you get the airport, but a lot of hotels and buildings in Macau are also modeled.  Seems like it's worth the $17 USD.  I'll wait for this to show up in the MSFS marketplace.

Why wait for the Market place? buying directly from SamScene3D  gets them the whole amount  and gives you more flexibility too if required.  . Any particular reason you wait for Marketplace?

Edited by Manny

Manny

15 minutes ago, Manny said:

Why wait for the Market place? buying directly from SamScene3D  gets them the whole amount  and gives you more flexibility too if required.  . Any particular reason you wait for Marketplace?

For me, it's because I don't want to manage all the add ons.  Everything is centralized in the MSFS marketplace for me so it makes it easier to manage it.  Also, I think 3rd parties will get a nice cut of the products sold in the marketplace - I'm guessing 70% or more than that.  I also don't mind if Asobo/Microsoft gets a small cut too because if Asobo/Microsoft see decent revenue from MSFS, they will keep developers on it, and keep enhancing MSFS throughout the years.

In my opinion, Asobo/Microsoft have to see some revenue from MSFS because if the executives at Microsoft think the revenue from MSFS isn't making them enough money, they will tell Asobo to shift developers on other games.  This means less fixes and new features for MSFS, and the fixes and features will also slow down.  

And of course, the developer also gets paid if I purchase it from the MSFS marketplace (albeit, they make less).  So all in all, I think it's a win win for me (easier management for me), a win win for the future of MSFS (if Asobo/Microsoft see good revenue from MSFS, they will keep the developers on MSFS), and also a win win for the 3rd party developer.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

I'll get this. The latest MSFS SamScene sceneries have been top notch.

Kind regards, Michael

The latest update they did for Hong Kong City Times in February was very good.  They modeled a lot more buildings and more areas.  I was already happy with the original version of Hong Kong City Times so the February update was like icing on the cake.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

For me, it's because I don't want to manage all the add ons.  Everything is centralized in the MSFS marketplace for me so it makes it easier to manage it.  Also, I think 3rd parties will get a nice cut of the products sold in the marketplace - I'm guessing 70% or more than that.  I also don't mind if Asobo/Microsoft gets a small cut too because if Asobo/Microsoft see decent revenue from MSFS, they will keep developers on it, and keep enhancing MSFS throughout the years.

In my opinion, Asobo/Microsoft have to see some revenue from MSFS because if the executives at Microsoft think the revenue from MSFS isn't making them enough money, they will tell Asobo to shift developers on other games.  This means less fixes and new features for MSFS, and the fixes and features will also slow down.  

And of course, the developer also gets paid if I purchase it from the MSFS marketplace (albeit, they make less).  So all in all, I think it's a win win for me (easier management for me), a win win for the future of MSFS (if Asobo/Microsoft see good revenue from MSFS, they will keep the developers on MSFS), and also a win win for the 3rd party developer.

Keep in mind that anything purchased from the Marketplace will by encrypted. As a result, you won't be able to edit any of the files down the road. Editing the ADE/AFCAD may be impossible. If you purchase direct, not only does the developer get a bigger cut, you'll be able to update the ADCAD, if needed.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 minute ago, duckbilled said:

Keep in mind that anything purchased from the Marketplace will by encrypted. As a result, you won't be able to edit any of the files down the road. Editing the ADE/AFCAD may be impossible. If you purchase direct, not only does the developer get a bigger cut, you'll be able to update the ADCAD, if needed.

So far, I haven't needed to edit any of the sceneries or airports I purchased.

48 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

In....

You make good points... 🙂 

I have too many freewares I have to manage more than 100 airports now... so managing few more payware isn;t a hassle. But I agree.. MS and ASOBO have to eat too. 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Very nice! Love these landmark city add-ons!!!!!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Very nice! Love these landmark city add-ons!!!!!

I like these cities that are  an integral part of the airport. If its away from the airport, I do not activate them once I check em out.  The only exception was Singapore. Its not germane to the approach to WSSS Intl..but I still have it.

Manny

I bought the scenery and installed the exclude file and the freeware Kai Tak. But no matter in which order I fill the community folder, I have the dock and the anchored ship at the end of the runway in every combination.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get Kai Tak to work with the SamScene Scenery?

EDIT: Problem solved. Renaming the freeware Kai Tak folder with some "000_..." at the beginning does the trick. I suspect that priority must be enforced by order.

Edited by Berndi
  • Like 1

What scenery pay or free for VHHX and VHHH best integrates with this scenery

Regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2