Sign in to follow this  
aatd

PFC Yoke - Success with MSFS?

I have a Precision Flight Controls ("PFC") "Cirrus" model yoke that, while recognized, is basically uncontrollable in MSFS.  It works perfectly in P3D v4,5.  Perhaps unrelated, I have a similar vintage PFC pedal set which is also recognized and works perfectly.  Both the yoke and the pedals are recognized and behaving as be properly calibrated in Win 10 game controller.

I have, but not yet installed, a paid version of Pollypot.  I've never used it before so have no idea if/how it works.

Has anyone gotten their PFC yoke product working in MSFS?  If so, can you tell me how you accomplished this?

Many thanks,

Brian

Vancouver, Canada

G'day Brian,

I have a "Cirrus" SAAB desktop PFC yoke which is over ten years old & have no issue using it with MSFS. 

Maybe try using FSUIPC or SPAD.neXt if you have them? I did have a problem with WIN10 some time ago not recognizing it on load up & PFC recommended updating the circuit board however I found that by plugging it into a USB3 port that fixed the issue. Not even sure if this is still a problem with later versions of the OS.

If the yoke is seen by WIN10 & works with P3D it should also work with MSFS I would think.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I have a Cirrus yoke too. But I am using my AxisAndOhs tool for controllers, so I don't really know if it works well with an in-sim assignment.

The problem with the old PFC USB circuit boards was, that they don't play well with Windows (10) Enhanced Power Management. Mine was constantly connecting and disconnecting. Since I turned EPM off for the yoke it works fine.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I have tried using a USB 3,0 port on my pc but no change.  Basically, the problem is any roll and pitch movement of my yoke starts off with no msfs aircraft yoke change, then with a nominal further yoke move, jumps all the way to full roll or pitch;  then the same outcome when trying to reverse back to centre.

I have also toggled my usb power management off using the Window power management screen.  Again, the yoke works perfectly in p3d (v4,5) and when calibrating using the Windows game controller.

This leaves me with two questions:

(1). Settings:  would you mind telling me what your MSFS sensitivity settings are (roll and pitch).  And;

(2). Power management:  Is there another "usb power management" setting that I should be checking?  If yes, would you be able to tell me how I access and adjust it?

Thank you again,

Brian

G'day Brian,

This is the setting I'm currently using.

JtIT4K3.jpg

Hope it helps.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

On 3/4/2021 at 10:31 PM, brianVancouver said:

Is there another "usb power management" setting that I should be checking?  I

AFAIK "Enhanced Power Management" is not the same thing as USB power. It can only be changed in the Windows Registry and it is local to every single device. You either need a tool for that or Google the instructions (finding the correct registry key and changing the correct value).

But what you describe is probably not about EPM anyway. In my case the yoke just didn't work at all and I constantly had the Windows chimes playing for USB device connect/disconnect.

You could use the demo version of my AxisAndOhs to set the EPM, it has a tool built in for that - and check if the yoke is sending proper input signals in the first place by adding a couple of axis assignments. The app won't change anything in your sim, and you can just uninstall it when you are done.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI