Sign in to follow this  
Manschy

RAF Brüggen released - Freeware for P3Dv4.5 / P3Dv5.+

Hi everybody,

this weekend I finally finished the RAF Brüggen scenery for P3Dv4.5 and v5.*

Was a hard work about a couple of years to create this freeware, but I hope you will enjoy it.

overview_west7rkdn.jpg

north_to_south_complej6jqv.jpg

dyn_lighting_main_hanubjs9.png

etur_winter_impressiod4krn.jpg

mounds_su_15tjjp.jpg

etur_gazelles_taxieakxn.jpg

etur_has_interior_26rjvl.jpg

etur_detuner_1nbkyt.jpg

tonka_hardwinter_54pklj.jpg

behind_the_scenes_5f8kkn.jpg

jf_tonka_14sqn_1eaj9a.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Looks great! Where can it be downloaded?

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

You can get it at Flightsim, SimOuthouse, MAIW and Simmershome.de currently.

Wow, that is a labour of love.

Nice work.

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Stunning work, thank you very much :)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Very nicely done. You've caught the 'atmosphere' of the place very accurately. We made regular visits there for low level training during the cold war period, and like all the RAF airfields in Germany at the time, it had a sinister appearance, with everything camouflaged and everyone on a high state of alert. It's difficult to comprehend now just how tense things were in those days.

Edited by Biggles2010
  • Like 1

John B

Thank you all for your kind words!

@ Biggles: Cool to hear about real impressions from those days! Greatest praise indeed is to hear a scenery is close to the real thing - even more if the airbase is an abandoned airfield for many years.

Having lived in the neighborhood of the city of Roermond in my (very!) young days I was very interested in this scenery to relive old times.

It is really a very well done airbase and I flew already the Tornado and Lightning taking of from from ETUR. Thanks a lot for your fantastic work.

• Like 1

Went there in 68 to buy a set of golf clubs at the nearby West Rhine Golf Club from Paderborn.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Lovely scenery, thanks for making it.

Reminds me very much of being a kid at RAF Laarbruch in the mid 1970's. I was too young to really comprehend but as Biggles2010 says, looking back it was quite a strange time - bloodhound missiles around the base and my Dad coming home in full NBC kit and a sub-machine gun during the TACEVALs

• Like 1

Steve Weeks