Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

First flight after update.

Started the flight, 15 minutes later AMD driver time out.   Restarted flight. 37 miles from destination on a 130 mile flight, and CTD..... Nuts.  Flying this sim is like playing a lottery. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I really do think it’s an issue with your system on your end. 

You have so many posts regarding CTDs and I have yet to have a single one since release, so I don’t think it’s the sim...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

I would'nt be sure... i have had no CTD's since the World update. Tonight alone after the hotfix ctd every flight. That's enough for me till they fix the bloody game.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I haven't had any crashes with the hotfix.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I haven't had any crashes with the hotfix.

Exactly, all it did was reverse the flap error and added back to photogrammetry for the two areas in the UK, so there’s no reason it would cause any new issues 

54 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I really do think it’s an issue with your system on your end. 

You have so many posts regarding CTDs and I have yet to have a single one since release, so I don’t think it’s the sim...

If you look on the MSFS forum there are many people complaining about constant CTDs. Many have top of the line new PCs with nothing on them but FS 2020, and some even have P3D and XP, and the only problems they have are with FS 2020. The only thing I have on my brand new PC is FS 2020. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Everything is good here too, nothing to complain about so far

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

AMD GPU....that's why I refuse to buy any. Their  drivers are always awful 

• Like 7

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Made a 1 hr flight in the Macao / Hong Kong are with the C172 after the Hotfix. No CTD, actually I must think quite a while back when I had my last CTD.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

30 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

AMD GPU....that's why I refuse to buy any. Their  drivers are always awful 

They are pretty much banned at work because of the lost productivity with random driver issues. Ironically you can get two virtually identical servers or PCs and one may have issues and the other not.

In the workplace where a server or even a client PC down can cost tens of thousands of dollars per hour we stick to intel/nvidia.   We never overclock for the very same reason, not that overclocking is something you are inclined to do on a $50,000  data centre server.

For home use, it is a different matter, a weekend spent sorting driver issues is probably neither here nor there for many people if they are saving money and getting better performance .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Flew the same flight into KSTL tonight and went without a hitch. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you look on the MSFS forum there are many people complaining about constant CTDs. Many have top of the line new PCs with nothing on them but FS 2020, and some even have P3D and XP, and the only problems they have are with FS 2020. The only thing I have on my brand new PC is FS 2020. 

having top of the line gear still has one basic issue. the hardware between the keyboard and the screen. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

having top of the line gear still has one basic issue. the hardware between the keyboard and the screen. 

I guess most of us must have bought brand new junk PCs, that's a heck of a coincident. On top of which, those of us that run other apps eg. racing sims. have no problems with them. Just MSFS. 

Not to worry I drank the cool aid for a long time too.

This last fiasco that has one again fixed some things, and broken another has me thinking, perhaps this sim is not ready for prime time.

No wonder the 3star rating in the Microsoft store. 

Frustrated.

Robin

Funny how it is always the same kinda people who has CTD issue. Nothing will stress a PC more than a flight sim. I don't remember ever having a CTD since the tech alpha. Buying good PC parts and making sure your thermal are good makes a huge difference. It is much easier to blame asobo

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.