Sign in to follow this  
Lidad97

P3Dv4 low FPS

28 minutes ago, Lidad97 said:

Monitor is: Samsung C24F396FHU Curved Monitor 24 inch.

Sadly it only supports 60Hz. Someone may be able to tell you how you can get it to tun at 30Hz with software and some trickery.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sadly it only supports 60Hz. Someone may be able to tell you how you can get it to tun at 30Hz with software and some trickery.

In that case, use RTSS scanline sync x/2.  😉

Works for me..

Bert

Hey Bert, thank you for that input but could you please be a bit more specific? Where do I find this RTSS Scanline sync? 

Regards

Elias

I mean, I have never heared of it, do I have to put that somehow in my cfg file? Is it via Nvidia Control panel or via MSi Afterburner. I have really no idea and I also don't find anything on the internet that brings me further. How do you manage it? 

@Bert Pieke, probably best if you give full details on how to obtain, install and configure RTSS for Elias.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I guess I have found the necessary program. I downloaded and started it. But I could still need help with the settings, what exactly do I have to change?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Lidad97 said:

I guess I have found the necessary program. I downloaded and started it. But I could still need help with the settings, what exactly do I have to change?

Thank you

This has been documented before... but here goes

1. In the RTSS window, add a Prepard3d.exe profile

2. For that profile, click the scanline sync line until it changes to x/2

3. In that line change the zero setting to a non-zero setting, try -10

rfzTP05.jpg

Verify in P3D that indeed, your fps is now at 30  (29-30)

You need to start RTSS before or during running P3D!

ps. if you want to see the fps counter, turn it on at the top.."show on screen display"

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Ok, thank you very much for your help. Did you keep the FPS Limiter in the P3D stettings at unlimited FPS with Vsync+Triple Buffering on? And should I change anything in Nvidia Control Panel where I have P3D limited to 30 FPS right now?

Thank you all once again for your time and support

8 hours ago, Lidad97 said:

Ok, thank you very much for your help. Did you keep the FPS Limiter in the P3D stettings at unlimited FPS with Vsync+Triple Buffering on? And should I change anything in Nvidia Control Panel where I have P3D limited to 30 FPS right now?

Thank you all once again for your time and support

RTSS controls all you need. FPS limiter in P3D to unlimited, for me VSYNC and Triple Buff. makes no difference but try changing it for yourself while in P3D. NVidia control frame limiter not needed.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Short Update: The FPS have improved by a lot. I'm still not able to fly into JFK or EWR with 20 FPS with AI Traffic enabled. But in other Regions (Germany for example) I have now FPS between 20 and 30 at all times with Traffic enabled.

Thank you all for your Support. 

Kind Regards 

Elias

• Like 1

Elias,

Have a look at FSUIPC Traffic options. You can stipulate a minimum number of Ai you're prepared to accept to try and achieve 30fps. If reducing 70 Ai down to 20 gives you 30fps that is worth considering.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Ray,

I tried some settings in FSUIPC. Unfortunately the traffic needs to be reduced to a minimum on these airports. Means if I'm landing there I will see not more than 1 or 2 AC with me..... . Of course, there is an improvement in FPS but I'm not sure if I want to pay the price for that😖

Well you have a few options.

1) Keep Ai high and accept low fps.

2) Lower Ai and get a better landing performance.

3) Avoid larger airports.

4) Switch to v5 that gives around 15-20% better performance.

5) Buy a faster graphics card.

The last one is probably the most difficult.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Year true, I think we did a lot already, so I will do a combinaton of point 1, 2 and 3. About 5, I'm still shocked that a RTX 2080 Super is not enough to fly simulator with constantly 30 fps and I don't think that an upgrade is an option anymore.

Thank you anyway. I'm looking forward to MSFS to be useable as a simulator instead of a game. 

Kind regards 

Elias