Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

List: What should be fixed with a next release of P3D

I find this a good Idea to talk about: What should be done/fixed in the next release of P3D?

This I posted at LM regarding EA mode:

1) To much Red/Orange sky at dawn and dusk
2) Less grid pattern OR less repetitive clouds (I don´t like to tweak hours and hours within the Volumetriccloud.CFG).
3) Less pixelated clouds (Even with slider set to High I get too much low res pixels)
4) With view moving horizontal shadow line at OC conditions
5) Heaving strong sunlight below thicker OC cloud conditions (especially when you are in the cockpit). Clouds are hardly affecting sunlight (almost no decreasing light strength with increasing cloud thickness below the clouds).
6) Fast moving clouds when changed weather is injected
7) Too strong moonlight at night. The ground and clouds do get to much lighten up from the moonlight 
😎 Anti Aliasing issues around Sim Terrain and Objects (Mountains, Trees, etc)
9) Rain and Snow can hardly be noticed. Does not reduce visibility, I hardly can see any precipitation

A further PBR Issue:

1) Chrome look at PBR materials at night. Especially cockpits and outside tubes are getting a very chrome shine. Should be fixed quickly

VR

1) Getting a more smoother experience (Stutters to much. Panning left and right in the cockpit causes scenery stutters)

How about you? Please post your topics which should be done in your opinion!

Be specific!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Good, as p3d IS dx12 it would be grate if this game could benefit dlss and resizebar.

Frédéric Giraud

Autohide menubar

Flashing windows when text is displayed in multimonitor setup (undocked windows)

Top of cloud layers are now flat would be great if they weren’t 

Sun reflects the on ground even with overcast conditions please fix!

Edited by rob0203

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I find this a good Idea to talk about: What should be done/fixed in the next release of P3D?

Do you mean 5.2 or 5.3? 😎

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Be specific!

Marcus

You’re a beta tester are you not? I’d expect you’re privy to what sort of enhancements have been made. What’s the point in asking us what we would like to see when we all know LM will pay no attention to what we mention.

I expect their list of improvements is almost exactly what you happen to have mentioned as things you’d like to see......

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Let’s keep this topic as it is: a list of things to be fixed! 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

You’re a beta tester are you not? I’d expect you’re privy to what sort of enhancements have been made. What’s the point in asking us what we would like to see when we all know LM will pay no attention to what we mention.

I expect their list of improvements is almost exactly what you happen to have mentioned as things you’d like to see......

These things I posted all in the open space support forum of LM. Nothing secret on this things as lots of them are also reported at HiFi ASP3D from lots of users. 

It is what I am seeing and others too. This has NOTHING to do what LM may fix or may not fix as well. 

So I am interested what other simmers whish for. This is MY personal interest. 

Like in MSFS I am hoping that if others report whishes maybe in common sense.....maybe we all get more attention in this. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

36 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Do you mean 5.2 or 5.3? 😎

Or 6......or HF.....or.....whatever release....

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I also would like to see ATC incl. SID and STAR.... This would eliminate and external Addon needed for that. As I fly in VR I don't like lots of other tools running. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

A good built in Flight planner would be great! 

In my sim, with Navigraph updates, using the flight planner is a nightmare. Even just to load in a route created elsewhere, you still have to wait ages for it to initialise and load in. Does anyone else experience this? 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

VR

1) Native support for OpenXR/WMR
2) Separate Graphics Settings for VR (like in MSFS)
3) Get rid of the ridiculous cursor

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

12 minutes ago, djbully said:

A good built in Flight planner would be great! 

In my sim, with Navigraph updates, using the flight planner is a nightmare. Even just to load in a route created elsewhere, you still have to wait ages for it to initialise and load in. Does anyone else experience this? 

@blaunarwal has this issues too if I recall correctly.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

• Flight number/callsign should be tied to a flightplan, not an aircraft.
  • ATC improvements (clearances, radar vectoring, SID/STAR without work-arounds, directs, separation, ...)
Edited by thepilot

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

I also would like to see ATC incl. SID and STAR.... This would eliminate and external Addon needed for that. As I fly in VR I don't like lots of other tools running. 

Unlikely to happen, due to the complexity I'm afraid.  I personally don't find VoxATC interferes with my flying. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Unless you all go to Lockheed Martin main gates to present the list of fixes you wish, they will never know about it.. you all need to get banging at their doors.. I always pass them my advice to them of course, but I think they need to see that what I have been asking them to do is for a reason.....

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1