Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

P3d4.5 or 5.1 start windows dialogue not appearing

Hello,

A problem that appeared with the lastest version of P3D4.5 and now 5.1 (just freshly installed) is that I don't see start up dialogues (such as the activations screen, add-on activation requests etc... and the sim is left hanging). The only way to solve that issue is to unplug all but one screens (I have a 4 screen step up: 3 TVs and one monitor) and start again my P3D

Any walk around? It's annoying having to unplug all monitors when I change something to my P3D

My system 10 Pro 64bit(10.0 build 18363)
CPU i9-9900K
RAM 32Gigs
Nvidia RTX 2080ti driver 27.21.14.6172

3 TVs + one monitor

This sound like multi monitor problem and not a P3D problem, have you setup a master monitor that P3D loads first.

Gerard may be the best to advise on this he runs multi-monitor setups. 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Could be...yet that issue appeared with the latest update of P4Dv4 and same with v5. How do you set a master monitor for P3D?

Cheers

7 hours ago, fulcrum_64th said:

Any walk around? It's annoying having to unplug all monitors when I change something to my P3D

You designate the primary monitor in Nvidia control panel, under multi monitor setup.

However, your graphics card may not recognise this, depending on which type of monitor cable is connected to which card outlet. You may have to juggle the cable connections on the card to get everything appearing as you want it, on your primary monitor. I have 5 monitors on 2 cards and have had to do this.

There seems to be a priority order for the various types of connectors on the back of the graphics card, which has been discussed before on Avsim. And of course monitors also use different connectors, so for instance, an express port to HDMI cable will have a different priority to a HDMI to HDMI cable etc. Unfortunately it does not seem to be clearly documented anywhere, so it's a case of trial and error finding which card output gives priority to the screen you use as the main monitor.

Hope this makes sense.

John B

On 3/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, Biggles2010 said:

You designate the primary monitor in Nvidia control panel, under multi monitor setup.

However, your graphics card may not recognise this, depending on which type of monitor cable is connected to which card outlet. You may have to juggle the cable connections on the card to get everything appearing as you want it, on your primary monitor. I have 5 monitors on 2 cards and have had to do this.

There seems to be a priority order for the various types of connectors on the back of the graphics card, which has been discussed before on Avsim. And of course monitors also use different connectors, so for instance, an express port to HDMI cable will have a different priority to a HDMI to HDMI cable etc. Unfortunately it does not seem to be clearly documented anywhere, so it's a case of trial and error finding which card output gives priority to the screen you use as the main monitor.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks John, I'll give it a shot