Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Does anyone else not enjoy TrackIR?

52 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I tried the advice from psolk. 

This technique helped. As suggested, I widened the dead zone and adjusted the response curves. I can see that with further adjustments, I could make this work for me.

Thanks again.

Awesome, glad it helped! 

My pleasure

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I gave up mine several years ago.  It just was not comfortable for me.  Everytime I open the bottom drawer n my desk I see it and the hat lying there.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I do yearn the old FS9 days when 2D panel doesn't disturb by TrackIR, and also you can use Ctrl\Shift+Enter\Backspace to move around even with TIR, that's what I feel missing in P3D.

Now I normally hats off when after departure, I use my hand to block one of my reflector so the TIR pozition freeze to somewhere normal, thus mouselook could take over from that position when crusing, and put my hat back on when prepar for landing. 

But still I can't taxi/ takeoff and landing without it.

I use Tobii eye and head tracker and after tweaking and setting up the sensitivity it works great in P3D, you do not wear anything drinking my brew has no effect get up and walk away come back without doing a thing still works. And as I wear glasses ideal for me. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I cannot fly without a head tracking device.  It's completely unintuitive otherwise.  I have used TrackIR for about 12 years and probably wouldn't sim if I was reliant on button presses and hat switches to look around.  It amazes me how demanding some people can be about sim details and realism but prefer to use a hat-switch on their Saitek joysticks for situational awareness.

• Like 2

I find it essential for driving sims - particularly bus and truck sims where you often need to look 90-degrees or more to either side.  I also couldn't play DCS without it.  Racing sims it definitely adds something, but not essential in my view.  For MSFS/P3D I just couldn't get into it.  I found that other than looking around in the circuit I just didn't like it, felt like I was always straining my eyes to look around the cockpit.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Stopped using TrackIR when EZCA came along.  It always gave me eyestrain and these days  I just use a common set of controller buttons across all aircraft for cockpit views etc.  This works well for me.  TrackIR is one of the more expensive addons I have purchased over the years but it now sits unused on my simming desk.

Bruceb

• Upvote 2

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

This was one of those things that once I got used to it I couldn't fly without it. I have been away from flight sim for 6 years but soon to return and it will be one of the first things I set up.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

On 3/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, G-RFRY said:

I use Tobii eye and head tracker and after tweaking and setting up the sensitivity it works great in P3D, you do not wear anything drinking my brew has no effect get up and walk away come back without doing a thing still works. And as I wear glasses ideal for me. 

This looks interesting. How accurate is it? I must confess that although I can't fly without track Ir the cables and the clip are a nuissance. If Tobii Eye is as accurate this may be in my future.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

This looks interesting. How accurate is it? I must confess that although I can't fly without track Ir the cables and the clip are a nuissance. If Tobii Eye is as accurate this may be in my future.

The latest Tobii eye 5 is good it`s a bit like setting up your stick AKA dead zone and sensitivity and tweaking then your done, you can Pause the sim get up nothing to take off or put back on when you come back, I did find when eating and sandwich you got a slight bounce in view as your jaw moved, but drinking OK I like the idea of not have to wear anything and able to look away from the screen, As a glasses wearer I find it suit me have had a hat clip that I brought from the Cosford show 3 years ago never use it now, with my wireless headset this is better I can go to the Loo and still hear ATC come back and the tracking starts working again.   

This is a good idea of what it`s like in P3Dv5 you just download the P3D profile and set it up to your liking.

DCS | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Digital Combat Simulator - YouTube.

Raymond Fry.

2 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

The latest Tobii eye 5 is good it`s a bit like setting up your stick AKA dead zone and sensitivity and tweaking then your done, you can Pause the sim get up nothing to take off or put back on when you come back, I did find when eating and sandwich you got a slight bounce in view as your jaw moved, but drinking OK I like the idea of not have to wear anything and able to look away from the screen, As a glasses wearer I find it suit me have had a hat clip that I brought from the Cosford show 3 years ago never use it now, with my wireless headset this is better I can go to the Loo and still hear ATC come back and the tracking starts working again.   

This is a good idea of what it`s like in P3Dv5 you just download the P3D profile and set it up to your liking.

DCS | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Digital Combat Simulator - YouTube.

Hmm, I'm definitiely interested in this. Once I have bought all my software again😄

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've taken a quick look at the Tobii website and it looks very promising although it's quiet expensive.

Would anyone know if this will work with XP as well as P3d as I didn't see XP mentioned.

Thanks.

Phil

4 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Hmm, I'm definitiely interested in this. Once I have bought all my software again😄

Thanks for getting back to me.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with head and eye tracking. - YouTube

This is done by using third party software, but I think Tobii will add it to there list of supported games some time in the future as it could be mad to work on the XBOX. 

Raymond Fry.