Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

SN10 Launch

Looks like today.

Final checks at the moment. 

Edited by martin-w

Hot rockets, Batman! 🚀

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

As Commander Shaw said when Stingray was about to launch... "anything can happen in the next half hour". Although it will be longer than that. 

And as Jeff Tracy said in Thunderbirds when Thunderbird 3 was about to launch... "Launch Thunderbird 3!" 

350?cb=20160519115302

Works for Thunderbird 2 as well.

Thunderbird 1 | Thunderbirds Wiki | Fandom

Edited by martin-w

Fizzle!  Poof, and wait'll next time! 😡

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

48 minutes to launch. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

Propellant loading so should go in 30 mins.

Edited by martin-w

STUCK IT! 😄  ⬆️ 🚀

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 3.25.26 PM.png

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

😄 I love the way it landed leaning over. In fact, impresive control system if it can even land it gently on its bum when one of the landing legs fails to depoly.

Three more Raptors bite the dust :sad: I am now excitedly anticipating Episode 4 of the Starship Saga with SN11 :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yikes!!!!  I guess a live crew would have to get out quickly and run faster than Forest Gump.  Oh, well, testing and development will continue.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

Yikes!!!!  I guess a live crew would have to get out quickly and run faster than Forest Gump.  Oh, well, testing and development will continue.

Yep, there was a small fire at the base after landing. Thus the eventual big bang. no live crews, all automated cameras. Even the water spray after landing was automated. 

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Three more Raptors bite the dust :sad: I am now excitedly anticipating Episode 4 of the Starship Saga with SN11 :smile:

Yep,  a success this one, great launch, perfect belly flop, all engines functioning apart from two deliberately shut down before landing, and a nice gentle landing. I suspect the damage was caused because it wasn't on all of its landing legs.

Not sure what they have planned for the next one. Rapid progress though, impressive. Meanwhile... Blue Origin are as slow as a snail.