Sign in to follow this  
cmdn

RJTT technobrain P3D5

I have been trying to use the scenery for v4 in v5. Everything works just just fine except the ground lighting.

Have a look ( the problem is at night second link)

https://ibb.co/rsByNnG

https://ibb.co/NT22zkD

Is there a workaround?

thanks 

chris

When you say ground lighting, do you mean the taxiway lighting, or do you in fact mean the absence of dynamic lighting?

If the latter, remember that TB's RJTT is not officially compatible with P3Dv5. I think it's even pre-P3Dv4... Did it actually ever even have dynamic lighting?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yeah I guess this is about the dynamic lighting. It is not really usable at night. 

It looks very nice. Hopefully a promotional video will be produced so we can see it in action..

Cheers

Steve Hall

12 minutes ago, cmdn said:

Yeah I guess this is about the dynamic lighting. It is not really usable at night. 

I'm not sure TB's RJTT ever had dynamic lighting, did it? But if it did, dynamic lighting needs to be adjusted to work with PBR surfaces in P3Dv5. It should work fine with non-PBR surfaces, however. If you find that it doesn't work with that either, then that means that there is no dynamic lighting at all.

It should still be useable though... I mean, we've gone for years without dynamic lighting until P3Dv4 came around, no? xD

EDIT: My bad, just went to Simmarket and see that it definitely did have dynamic lighting. To make it work in P3Dv5 you can adjust the effect files manually. I have managed to do this before but honestly have no idea what I did to make it work... At some point i just did. I cna take a look sometime in the next weeks to see if I cna make them work. If you want to give it a stab yourself, you cna look into the P3D SDK. it's pretty confusing though... Otherwise you could see if inibuilds has dynamic lighting available for RJTT and if yes, whether it works in v5.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for that detailed reply. I am going to go and check if inibuilds has something. 

Actually I am not entirely sure about the issue whether it is dynamic lighting or not, simply at night the ground looks weird I see a big yellowish structure (concrete ground with the grooves are gone..)  this can be especially seen on the ramp. 

I will take a look at the SDK, not sure if I’ll be able to understand tho. sure I’ll appreciate a lot if you could take a look for me. 

I had a look in my own installation of RJTT, and it's as I thought, see the attached screenshots. You'll see that the PBR F35 is not lit, but the non-PBR F22 is. It means the dynamiclight sneed to be made compatible with P3Dv5. I can have a look at the effect files and perhaps I can fenagle something.

2021-3-3_13-17-57-697.jpg

2021-3-3_13-18-11-801.jpg

Benjamin van Soldt

It looks quite decent! Have you checked the link I provided, my RJTT scenery does not look like that at all. Ground textures at night are completely different.

perhaps I am missing something, cause the installer did not work for v5. Is your landclass above the scenery ? 

Edited by cmdn