Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

CTDs - The 0xc0000005 nightmare

I really do feel for you guys, nothing worse than CTD.

You all say stutter NO SOUND....SOUND CTD...

Could it be anything to do with sound drivers? just thinking out loud.  I dont use mobo sound card or nvidia sound drivers. How about turning of you mobo sound divice and just seeing if you still get a CTD.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Windows 10 updates are enabled and you're up to date?

My technique for these CTDs with common fault codes is to search youtube for videos with a lot of "likes" and very few dislikes.

Example 

I prefer a forum like this one because those videos are really too long compared to information given ; what is mentioned in that video ?
Here it is (7 lines only)

Under admin cmd mode, write :
sfc /scannow
bcdedit.exe/set {current} nx AlwaysOff
Reboot
Bad ram (my comment : instead of removingit, we can test it with clonezilla or many linux live usb sticks...)
Rkill (I prefer Malwarebytes)
Disable Antivirus

Other comments that would need 3 minutes more video :
Under admin cmd mode, write :

chkdsk 😄 /f

And also any other drive fs2020 is using.
Monitor cpu and all motherboard temps
trim all your ssd partitions, defrag all non ssd partitions
Unplug all usb peripherals not used by Fs2020.

I could add instead of "3 minutes more video"  4 or 5 other lines to check different things,  but those are already mentioned on this page !

And of course, Fs2020 could also be part of the problem as mentioned - so many parameters, places, planes ... !

Edited by ctdlg

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Counting the seconds until someone tells you  your system is NG, because only those people get CTDs''' 

next-gen?

no good?

nice graphics?

nothing great?

nasogastric?

naughty girl?

would you mind spelling out that abbreviation for boomers?

Edited by Brandon01110
  • Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Since WU3, 5 flights...3 CTDs. All in UK. Never had one in the weeks prior to the update. Sad. This is killing my enjoyment of the sim completely.Intermittent, prolonged freezing, and poof, CTD without any notification. Of course, checking the event viewer shows 0xc0000005 .

FlightSimulator.exe
      6038d404
      FlightSimulator.exe
      6038d404
      c0000005
      00000000005a721c
      01d710fe3fb29077
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      3469324c-9faa-4924-86f9-ca616e1c6fcf
      Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      App

Edited by Aristoteles

Iñigo Bildarratz

25 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I really do feel for you guys, nothing worse than CTD.

You all say stutter NO SOUND....SOUND CTD...

Could it be anything to do with sound drivers? just thinking out loud.  I dont use mobo sound card or nvidia sound drivers. How about turning of you mobo sound divice and just seeing if you still get a CTD.

You might be right 

When I ctd that's exactly how it happens. As a matter of fact, my sound in MSFS will sometimes get low and them go back to the volume it was. 

uninstall the windows updates and have set the TdrDelay 60 and TdrDdiDelay 60 to stop the CTDs.

And the same I do not install the HD audio drivers Nvidia

Edited by Axis3600
RAS

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

Everything starts well, then during the flight (generally after 30 minutes or so) MSFS crashes with the same 0xc0000005 code.

What are your thermals on your GPU and RAM and CPU after 30 minutes David? If they're good and you're not getting throttling, check that the power profile in Win10 is set to high performance and that the Nvidia power management mode is set to Optimal power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

You might be right 

When I ctd that's exactly how it happens. As a matter of fact, my sound in MSFS will sometimes get low and them go back to the volume it was. 

Here's another interesting connection - sound glitches can be tied to USB controller issues as well (particularly if the driver is unstable or if it is switching power saving modes unintentionally). Suggestion would be to use a single controller from the motherboard (Intel USB3 if possible).

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000005622/software/chipset-software.html

1 hour ago, Axis3600 said:

uninstall the windows updates

Which Windows updates are you referring to ?

On 4 PCs where I routinely use MSFS, I had this 0xc0000005 error quite frequently, but only on one computer.

I fixed it by disabling CPU 0 for flightsimulator.exe and by setting it to Low priority (this is done via Task Manager > Details | right click flightsimulator.exe and select Set priority (low) and Set affinity (uncheck CPU0). A few days ago, I forgot to do this, and I got the CDT.

So, at least in my case, it should be an hardware issue, as the other computers runs MSFS fine with the same settings / files and everything identical.

• Like 1

if you have to disable a core , yeah you have a major hardware issue.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I have not had it myself, but this CTD seems to be tied to the Windows Audio service.  Posters on the official MSFS Forum have noted that stopping with Windows Audio service before starting the sim mitigates it.  It seems like it could be a bug in the WWise sound library, and another game (Death Stranding) might be having this happen as well:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-on-launch-caused-by-ucrtbase-dll-with-exception-code-c0000005/340406/45

If you can reproduce that stopping a service mitigates this I'd report it to ZenDesk.  Apparently Asobo is having a very hard time reproducing CTDs to diagnose (supposedly).

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

3 hours ago, Jeeper said:

I'm having CTDs now too, whereas prior to this I've only had one since release. It's the same scenario described above - a bit of stuttering, a brief freeze with no sound, then sound returns for a moment, and finally a CTD with no explanation. My community folder is empty and today it happened while flying the steam 172. No AI, no photo gram, etc. Its pretty frustrating and made worse by there being no fault to chase down. 

Same for me since the last update.  I have not completed a flight yet over 20-30 minutes.  I have an empty community folder.  I will wait to see what happens with the next few updates.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

does any of you run any type of OC on your PC ? I just did a 45 min flight  at low altitude. 0 crash.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.