Sign in to follow this  
skipph

2 Issues

Sorry I hate to report any problems with this fine yoke but feel I must to help all concerned. First issue is the set screw for the yoke handle. It is constantly loosening and losing it's center to the shaft so that the yoke handle appears to be mounted in a cocked manner to the shaft. Second issue is the usb connector on the rear keeps coming loose and the  yoke is not recognized by the computer until I reseat the plug. This seems to be getting worse as time goes by. Any fixes I can do on my own is definitely what I would like to hear as I cannot  really part with this fine piece of hardware for any length of time.  Skip

• Like 1

@skipph, I had a similar problem with the handle coming loose but after tightening it with quite a bit of force it hasn't come loose since. That was over 3 months ago. No problems since.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sounds like Thread Lock would be your friend there.

• Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Hi all, @skipph if you email us we will resolve this. I have already logged the issue on our system.

Some of the early usb ports were a bit loose on the plug I think. The new ones seem more consistent. Also a couple of people have had issue with the yoke clamp. Most have been ok but some of the early yokes were not perfect so we will sort that out for you.

Chris

17 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Sounds like Thread Lock would be your friend there.

Seems like two or three screws equally spaced around the shaft to hold the handle on might be a good idea, especially since electrical connections are involved as well.

Al

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ark said:

Seems like two or three screws equally spaced around the shaft to hold the handle on might be a good idea, especially since electrical connections are involved as well.

Al

Certainly, moving forward, that would be a sensible-sounding solution. I suppose the reasoning for a single screw was both simpler tooling and enabling a quicker change for alternative handles in the future, although I'd prefer that to take a backseat to stability of the connection.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

The reason there is one screw is for convenience. The yoke clamp used now is fine as it was only some of the early ones that had issue. The hardened steel grub screw does not strip and nicely grips the stainless steel shaft. The longer allen keys supplied easily allow enough torque to prevent movement and side lugs on the shaft locate into slots to stop damage to the electrical connectors.

We are not against taking improvements on board but I do think the current solution works. If there are future issues with this then they would be resolved at that time.

Always happy to get feedback and suggestions.

Chris

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

The reason there is one screw is for convenience.

Pretty much as I was thinking then.

3 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I do think the current solution works. ... Always happy to get feedback and suggestions.

Both good to know.👍

The new screw is definitely better than the one on the earlier models. As Ray has suggested, it helps to use a bit more force on that screw as long as you do not overdo it.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

A single larger diameter screw with a plastic handle like this one would be an ideal alternative:

sr5460_p_2_1_180x180.jpg

Also - i have emailed enquiries about an issue with calibrating the aileron axis. If it turns out to be a hardware issue I have a 2 year electrical engineering qualification and work in computer hardware support so am happy to fault find locally if need be.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:17 AM, orchestra_nl said:

The new screw is definitely better than the one on the earlier models. As Ray has suggested, it helps to use a bit more force on that screw as long as you do not overdo it.

Yes, more force but not too much. You might strip the thread in the flange part over time if you remove the handle regularly and are too firm with it.

32 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yes, more force but not too much. You might strip the thread in the flange part over time if you remove the handle regularly and are too firm with it.

I don't see myself changing the handle a lot, if ever, but indeed it might be a weak point.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

48 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I don't see myself changing the handle a lot, if ever, but indeed it might be a weak point.

Same.

The only time I plan to swap is when they release a yoke handle with the traditional mic switch on the back of the left handle. It's killing me having to use a front facing switch to key the mic.

Edited by thtanner