Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Shocking DRZEWIECKI DESIGN KJFK

I just had the misfortune of attempting an EGLL to KJFK flight in the new 777-200.

Fantastic aircraft, but what a huge disappointment the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN KJFK scenery is.

Awful textures and the performance is shocking. I also found the aircraft 'falling' through the bridge taxiways...?! 

Has anyone found a way to make this scenery usable performance wise (and to stop me falling through the scenery)? (Or could recommend a different one??)

Thanks,

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Try setting your mesh 5m. But there's a bug in the latest V5 version that makes bridges even more broken, so you might be SOL. And no, there's isn't a good, up-to-date rendition of JFK. FSDT's is super old and Drzweicki's is just bad.

DD's NYC scenery was perhaps one of the first US sceneries they had done so it's definitely getting a little long in the tooth. It's kind of bland, but it's more up-to-date than FSDT's, hence I use DD's. We really need modern versions of KJFK as well as KEWR though. But, given their proximity to one another and Manhattan, performance is always an issue.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Would love a new jfk and Newark also.  I own both jfk versions and now use fsdt again just because I think it looks better. But either way it’s a shame such an important airport is at the state it is in our sim.  I do like dd city however. Also really like imaginesim LaGuardia 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I use DD's EWR and FSDT JFK2.

Can't speak for JFK, but as someone who has VERY good knowledge of EWR, I'd love a new version. EWR is in the process of adding a new terminal so maybe update after Terminal 1 is complete. I still use DD NYC and the later versions , for me, were better on frames.

To gauge frames, my FPS test and VRAM test is to load up a complex aircraft, add whatever traffic you use on a regular basis and put it on EWR runway 11. In this scenario you're throwing a lot at the sim. You face the buildings of lower Manhattan (think WTC and surrounding areas) ,3 Major airports (EWR, JFK, LGA) with airline traffic, several smaller airports (TEB, CDW, LDJ, etc..), there's road traffic, and even boat traffic. Large amounts of lights, large amounts of roads, large water mass... you get the picture.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Flightbeam, FlyTampa, Jo Erlend Sund (EDDK for Aerosoft) and Marcus Nyberg (anything Swedish for Orbx) have pushed the boundaries of what airport sceneries should look like since PBR became a thing in P3D.

Full of intricate details, realistic-looking reflectivity, high quality textures, lots of movement (animated vehicles and people, both airside and landside) *and* with good to excellent performance for larger airports.
There are a couple of other developers who are very good, but not quite at these developers' level.

With an extra 5 or more years of improved tech, it's not fair to compare scenery that was originally designed for P3D v3 or earlier to what can be achieved in P3D v4.4 or later.
DD's and FSDT's older US airports were good at the time, but the promo photos should easily give away that they are old tech before you purchase them.

Would be very happy if someone were to develop some of the U.S. mega hubs like KJFK, KEWR, KDFW, KLAX, plus a modern-looking EGLL for P3D, but I think that it's very unlikely any time soon.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 hours ago, F737NG said:

Flightbeam, FlyTampa, Jo Erlend Sund (EDDK for Aerosoft) and Marcus Nyberg (anything Swedish for Orbx) have pushed the boundaries of what airport sceneries should look like since PBR became a thing in P3D.

Full of intricate details, realistic-looking reflectivity, high quality textures, lots of movement (animated vehicles and people, both airside and landside) *and* with good to excellent performance for larger airports.
There are a couple of other developers who are very good, but not quite at these developers' level.

With an extra 5 or more years of improved tech, it's not fair to compare scenery that was originally designed for P3D v3 or earlier to what can be achieved in P3D v4.4 or later.
DD's and FSDT's older US airports were good at the time, but the promo photos should easily give away that they are old tech before you purchase them.

Would be very happy if someone were to develop some of the U.S. mega hubs like KJFK, KEWR, KDFW, KLAX, plus a modern-looking EGLL for P3D, but I think that it's very unlikely any time soon.

I 100% agree with this, I remember a lot of these older sceneries looked fantastic closer to release but technology has moved on and my FSDT and DD airports look very dated in comparison to the new FlyTampa and Orbx sceneries (I flew into Orbx's ESGG the other day and that scenery is absolutely beautiful along with the one for ESSA).

Given the quality of their more recent work It would perhaps be nice to see DD revisit their NY airports perhaps and give them a lick of paint, their recent RJAA scenery is really first-class.

At the end of the day in my view most addon scenery is at least better than default scenery (at least for v4), and for some airports I still use unsupported FSX-Era Scenery due to a lack of any newer versions, so I guess it depends to a certain extent on your own standards for visual complexity.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

I took ADE, a new Google Earth map and upgraded the P3dv5 default KJFK scenery and it works perfectly.  

I've always tried to support add-on developers by buying sceneries that I did not need.  Since all these folks have pretty much jumped ship I am sticking to something I know will reflect the current state of the airport and will work. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Go to inibuilds and get the dynamic lighting and GSX gates files. It helps but there is only such much lip stick you can put on a pig. With MSFS here, don't ever expect to get anything further with respect to new JFK or EWR sceneries for P3D. The height of new scenery releases for P3D has now passed. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

The height of new scenery releases for P3D has now passed. 

unfortunately i think you are right.  Atleast for the big complicated airports not done yet.  A few ones of interest still enroute for me.  Halifax, PBI, Cleveland.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

With MSFS here, don't ever expect to get anything further with respect to new JFK or EWR sceneries for P3D.

That's the thing, the default KJFK in MSFS is pretty good so addon developers have no incentive to develop one that they can back port to P3D which is the practice now.  There are still a lot of airports in MSFS that need a good third party touch so we can expect dual releases from our favorite developers for some time to come.

• Upvote 1