Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 4th, 2021 - Development Update

Carenado won the Piper Arrow race I see.  I'm doing my best to hold off as that Just Flight version just looks so darn 'used and tattered'.  Hehehe...

So for this Update 3, what are Weather Readings? Indication on avionics?  or corrected/fixed ATIS/AWOS?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unfortunately, the stable vs. open beta branch scheme seems to have been abandoned. As much as I judge the rapid success of updates I hate the steadily upcoming new issues.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So for this Update 3, what are Weather Readings? Indication on avionics?  or corrected/fixed ATIS/AWOS?

We are about to find out... 😉

• Like 1

Bert

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Particle Effects, Contrails?

I am just as puzzled. Where did it mention the incoming effects?

Just now, frankla said:

I am just as puzzled. Where did it mention the incoming effects?

I don't know I just keep dreaming, and still play FSX for this reason.

does particle effects include touch down smoke and blowing snow and sand under moving wheels?  or is it something else?

2 minutes ago, frankla said:

does particle effects include touch down smoke and blowing snow and sand under moving wheels?  or is it something else?

Probably a fps killer.

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

The updates repeat themselfs and have barely any relevent and interesting info. The same snapshots every work, some numbers for the additions to the store nobody cares for and the millionth screenshots that we alle have seen aleready.

That's pretty presumptive. I like to see if anything has changed with the roadmap or priorities, news about new store additions saves me having to go through the whole catalogue on the store to see if anything has changed, and the screenshots sometimes give me new ideas for places to go.

So there.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

any idea what piper seminole update fixes. I cant tell as I have attempted the download twice now but at about 2/3 of the download MSFS crashes to desktop.

Robin

55 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Particle Effects, Contrails?

Much more reasonable icing?  Sometimes less is more....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Probably a fps killer.

And so useless unless you are a hunter for best screenshot awards.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I really hope the contrails are based on the aerodynamic and weather Engines, rather than repeatable textures that have no place in a “next gen” game - similarly with ground effects. why would third parties have to designate points on their aircraft when they already exist surely for the aero engine to function🤔

I want contrails that change dynamically as the aircraft moves through different weather.

I want to see rain on the windshield  - that moves with wind speed/prop/rpm etc

I want to see dynamic icing rather than repeatable textures

etc

I suspect we will merely end up with 15/20 year tech here, which will be a great shame IMO.

Water - well

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I'm really disappointed now. The one really important bug that make the Garmins so extremely bad is everything regarding changing a plan and the approaches. According to the update they won't fix the u-turn bug and just have it in the backlog... what the hell are they doing with the Garmins then?

I kind of hate that they provided exactly 0 info on what the sim update contains there. I have a feeling the list of improvements will be very short.