Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 4th, 2021 - Development Update

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, the stable vs. open beta branch scheme seems to have been abandoned. As much as I judge the rapid success of updates I hate the steadily upcoming new issues.

Kind regards, Michael

There seem to be things moving onto that direction https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/great-news-third-party-devs-are-given-early-access-to-sim-update-builds/373708?u=omarsmak

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

12 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

On the WASM side:

• We fixed execute_calculator_code proxy and added more security to it.

That doesn't sound good...the procedure was apparently working fine. It is a very convenient way to to access LVars or HVars. If things change on this end, (and without a proper replacement in SimConnect) apps like AxisAndOhs, Mobiflight, SpadNext, FSUIPC may be in trouble. I really wish there was a beta environment to test this in advance.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 3

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Contrails are cool. Not going to lie I never noticed they were missing until someone pointed it out.

Did they mentioned (Asobo) the contrail effects will be included in the Sim Update 3?.

To me, Sim Update 3 is not bringing too much to the table, except for the corrections of the Autopilots. On the other hand, the already existing G1000/G3000 WT Mods are good enough to think Asobo will do something better.

As others have pointed out, I'm also more scared about what can be broken than the corrections the Sim Update 3 will include.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'll just point out Italy showed up in the wish list and there is a 2022-23 target on it

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

While contrails are nice, I would prefer if energies were directed in fixing weather and icing.  Having high level cirrus clouds seems more useful than contrails.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ugh how come only carenado is releasing planes. I refuse to buy anything from them.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn.......pretty much the same list every update.......I wish the wishlist listed wishes I wish for.....

• Like 1

Jay

16 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Or, provide constructive relevant criticism. One doesn’t have to ‘ignore’ it. Especially in a discussion forum, where the general idea is to offer an opinion. And what he said has a lot of truth. 

actually  what he's doing is whining about the everything being the same. He hasn't offered anything constructive. We all know asobo doesn't have to do any of this. He sounds a little entitled like a lot of these guys on the forum

12 minutes ago, devgrp said:

actually  what he's doing is whining about the everything being the same. He hasn't offered anything constructive. We all know asobo doesn't have to do any of this. He sounds a little entitled like a lot of these guys on the forum

According to your interpretation. 

What I see through his ‘whining’ as you put it, is valid points. It’s the ‘same old’ every week. Is that whining? No, not at all. It gets to a point when you give so much constructive criticism, that when you get nothing back, there is nothing left but frustration. And that is what I see. Frustration. One example is the beta before release to the public that seems to have disappeared. 

Another example is the upcoming QaA. They’ve actually moderated and limited what questions can be asked. Because they’re sick of taking repetitive questions. Maybe if they just give definitive answers, people wouldn’t keep asking the same things over and over. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, devgrp said:

We all know asobo doesn't have to do any of this.

No body said they did. However, releasing project paths and goals indicate that they do want to do it. Therefore, people are allowed to critique them. That’s the whole point in public discussion forums. Do you just want everybody to agree with Asobo? 
Sure, they’ve done a good job. Could they have done a better job? Of course. 

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

According to your interpretation. 

What I see through his ‘whining’ as you put it, is valid points. It’s the ‘same old’ every week. Is that whining? No, not at all. It gets to a point when you give so much constructive criticism, that when you get nothing back, there is nothing left but frustration. And that is what I see. Frustration. One example is the beta before release to the public that seems to have disappeared. 

Another example is the upcoming QaA. They’ve actually moderated and limited what questions can be asked. Because they’re sick of taking repetitive questions. Maybe if they just give definitive answers, people wouldn’t keep asking the same things over and over. 

If he thinks its the same, he doesnt have to come in and say it. Dont read the thread. What exactly is coming in the thread saying its the same info, going to do? And why do you care about the beta now? Like I said Asobo doesnt have to tell us anything they are doing or the reason for doing it a certain way. How many devs, do you know that interact with the community. Maybe the xp devs but they arent that open and surely not LM. 

Just now, devgrp said:

If he thinks its the same, he doesnt have to come in and say it. Dont read the thread. What exactly is coming in the thread saying its the same info, going to do? And why do you care about the beta now? Like I said Asobo doesnt have to tell us anything they are doing or the reason for doing it a certain way. How many devs, do you know that interact with the community. Maybe the xp devs but they arent that open and surely not LM. 

What is it going to do? Get it off his chest? Offer his opinion, his thoughts? That’s the whole point. Sometimes venting your frustrations down is good. Maybe Asobo will read it and see frustration. Maybe they won’t. You won’t know until you do it. 

‘Don’t read the thread’ sounds like a Facebook comment. Why would he not read the thread? He’s entitled to read and comment on it just as much as you were. By the way your comment, in my opinion, offered nothing constructive. So, why did you comment? Why did you not just scroll on by, or ‘not read the thread’? Because it is something that obviously agitated you enough to comment. A bit like the the other chap. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have, because, why shouldn’t you. 

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What is it going to do? Get it off his chest? Offer his opinion, his thoughts? That’s the whole point. Sometimes venting your frustrations down is good. Maybe Asobo will read it and see frustration. Maybe they won’t. You won’t know until you do it. 

‘Don’t read the thread’ sounds like a Facebook comment. Why would he not read the thread? He’s entitled to read and comment on it just as much as you were. By the way your comment, in my opinion, offered nothing constructive. So, why did you comment? Why did you not just scroll on by, or ‘not read the thread’? Because it is something that obviously agitated you enough to comment. A bit like the the other chap. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have, because, why shouldn’t you. 

you do notice I didnt reply to his comment right? I replied to you because you're trying to say that what he wrote actually added value to this thread. Only thing it did was showed his entitlement. Maybe Asobo should just stop being so open and just do what they want like LR or LM and dont post any weekly updates etc

13 minutes ago, devgrp said:

you do notice I didnt reply to his comment right? I replied to you because you're trying to say that what he wrote actually added value to this thread. Only thing it did was showed his entitlement. Maybe Asobo should just stop being so open and just do what they want like LR or LM and dont post any weekly updates etc

No it didn’t, it showed frustration. That’s how I interpreted it. 
Also, it did show value. He has a valid point(s), and he’s not the only person to mention said points. Albeit he could have worded it differently, however he just looks frustrated. I’m sure he can correct me if I’m wrong. 

15 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Maybe Asobo should just stop being so open and just do what they want like LR or LM and dont post any weekly updates etc

Maybe they should yea, because posting the same thing every week doesn’t add value does it? If they’ve nothing new to say or post, then why bother posting anything. Just wait until they have something instead of regurgitating the same old information. 

• Upvote 1