Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW mod custom ATHR, engine model and autopilot in action

Can we stop comparing for a while and appreciate what we have now from FBW? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

12 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Can we stop comparing for a while and appreciate what we have now from FBW? 

You're right. I probably got carried away by my enthusiasm. They'll sort out vnav, cat iii autoland etc. in a few months. 

If I remember correctly even a merge with the Megapack A330 is in the works....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

cat iii autoland etc

It is already sorted in the custom autopilot if not mistaken.

12 hours ago, Farlis said:

Again. Rubbish.

At this point the FBW has not even proper VNAV modelling.

LOL, and Aerosoft (and Toliss) don’t even have a working Airbus in MSFS. That makes the Asobo/FBW A32NX hands down the best Airbus A320 at any price in MSFS. Simply miles ahead of both Aerosoft and Toliss. That’s the simple reality of it.
Anyone that disagrees, let’s join up in a multiplayer session in MSFS. I’ll bring my FBW A32NX, you bring your ‘better bus”. We can make notes as we fly along... 🙂 May the best bus win.....!

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

LOL, and Aerosoft (and Toliss) don’t even have a working Airbus in MSFS. That makes the Asobo/FBW A32NX hands down the best Airbus A320 at any price in MSFS. Simply miles ahead of both Aerosoft and Toliss. That’s the simple reality of it.
Anyone that disagrees, let’s join up in a multiplayer session in MSFS. I’ll bring my FBW A32NX, you bring your ‘better bus”. We can make notes as we fly along... 🙂 May the best bus win.....!

You're not wrong, but Farlis never argued there was a better bus, he argued the FBW bus was rubbish. 

In my opinion he's in the wrong by virtue of mis-representation. The FBW uses the Asobo AP. The FBW AP with VNAV is in development. Farlis' criticism is unfair since he's not judging the team on work they've done, he's instead blaming them for what Asobo's done.

Be patient, Farlis. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBW matched the FSlabs in system depth and quality within 20-25 months.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The FBW A320 is great, but lately I get completely confused about what is in the works and what is already included in the dev version. I have seen YouTube videos of all kinds of features (custom autopilot, ground service control via FlyTab, custom throttle system, etc.) but don't find any of these features in the dev version. Seems like they are working on a thousand loose ends. Hopefully, this all makes it to the public at some time.

Edited by carlito777

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

The FBW A320 is great, but lately I get completely confused about what is in the works and what is already included in the dev version. I have seen YouTube videos of all kinds of features (custom autopilot, ground service control via FlyTab, custom throttle system, etc.) but don't find any of these features in the dev version. Seems like they are working on a thousand loose ends. Hopefully, this all makes it to the public at some time.

Best place to follow this is here----> https://discord.com/channels/738864299392630914/751774340629921853

You can sign up for free and talk to the folks working on the project directly.

Edited by jbdbow1970

30 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Best place to follow this is here-

Thanks. I already joined their Discord channel long ago. Nevertheless, even there I cannot find what is included in which version. The progress page is only updated sporadically and I don't have time to read through all the chats.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Maybe their Facebook or Twitter page? They post the latest updates there.

Just fly the latest dev version, if something got included you'll have it, else you won't - very simple. This project is great to watch and to see some stuff got included suddenly when firing up this bird is just part of the fun I feel, haha. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Thanks. I already joined their Discord channel long ago. Nevertheless, even there I cannot find what is included in which version. The progress page is only updated sporadically and I don't have time to read through all the chats.

The videos you see for example ground services .. etc, they are from testers that are testing these features before they are accepted into dev branch but it doesn't mean they have merged it, it could be that needs more work.

Besides stable and dev. You also have the experimental fbw version which is basically dev+custom fly-by-wire.

Now there will be a new experimental which is experimental autopilot which is dev + custom autopilot+custom ATHR+custom engine model+custom fbw.

I would expect them to remove the experimental fbw soon and replace it with the experimental autopilot once it gets a bit better. However, once the custom LNAV arrives into the custom autopilot and good amount of tuning have been done, would expect it to be merged into the dev branch.

I hope you get it, I know is bit confusing 😅

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

You're not wrong, but Farlis never argued there was a better bus, he argued the FBW bus was rubbish. 

In my opinion he's in the wrong by virtue of mis-representation. The FBW uses the Asobo AP. The FBW AP with VNAV is in development. Farlis' criticism is unfair since he's not judging the team on work they've done, he's instead blaming them for what Asobo's done.

Be patient, Farlis. I wouldn't be surprised if the FBW matched the FSlabs in system depth and quality within 20-25 months.

That is is also not what I was doing.

I was just trying to bring down Ricardo41's inflated praise of the FBW Airbus.

It certainly isn't rubbish, but he said it has surpassed the systems modelling of Aerosoft Version of the Bus.

And that is just false. It hasn't. Not by a long shot. 

I'm sure it will at least be evenly good at some point, maybe even better, but not currently.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It certainly isn't rubbish, but he said it has surpassed the systems modelling of Aerosoft Version of the Bus.

I'm sure it will at least be evenly good at some point, maybe even better, but not currently.

Okay to be fair, Farlis is right, at this exact point, Aerosoft is still leading in terms of systems modeling, for example FBW is still has the default flightplan, no custom hydraulics systems .. etc although all these now, are actively worked on by the FBW team. 

Having said that, I am pretty sure, in couple of months, it will surpass Aerosoft system modeling though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

To be honest, I'm also rubbed the wrong way when someone claims the FBW bus is "better than FSLabs!" or something. What FBW is doing is unprecedented and deserves praise, but that praise shouldn't come in the form of putting down the blood sweet and tears of other developers.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Yeah FSLabs is a payware that costs 140$ that took them years to develop vs FBW mod that costs 0$ and is being worked on since 6 moths and it already include maybe half of what you would get in FSL. So yeah, I will revisit this comparison again in year or even less 😉

• Like 4