Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Jet Blue N536JB

Hi all, does anyone know whats the latest news on the Jet Blue A320 that performed a perfect "by the book" landing at KLAX when its nose wheel was turned 90 degrees? Is the plane still at LAX undergoing maitnence?Just curious,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Thanks, did not notice at airliner.net that she was flying again.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

>Hi all, does anyone know whats the latest news on the Jet>Blue A320 that performed a perfect "by the book" landing at>KLAX when its nose wheel was turned 90 degrees? Is the plane>still at LAX undergoing maitnence?>>Just curious,>>BillI flew on her just about a few weeks after the incident! I was surprized to see her flying so soon, figuring the NTSB would have her impounded, for investigation. I guess though, it was a pretty cut and dry case, being the plane was written up for the very same problem, the day before. I wonder where that mechanic who signed off on it is today!!! I have to admit, takeoff was a litle more apprehensive than usual!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>>Hi all, does anyone know whats the latest news on the Jet>>Blue A320 that performed a perfect "by the book" landing at>>KLAX when its nose wheel was turned 90 degrees? Is the>plane>>still at LAX undergoing maitnence?>>>>Just curious,>>>>Bill>>I flew on her just about a few weeks after the incident! I was>surprized to see her flying so soon, figuring the NTSB would>have her impounded, for investigation. I guess though, it was>a pretty cut and dry case, being the plane was written up for>the very same problem, the day before. I wonder where that>mechanic who signed off on it is today!!! I have to admit,>takeoff was a litle more apprehensive than usual!!>Why, the nose strut did what it was supposed to do, in that case. No injuries, no death. No damage to aircaft. Probably just a strut repack, since IIRC all previous incidents of this type on this type aircraft were due to improper maintenance/manuals during a strut repack. Even if the strut was changed, the strut in question will, if not already, be overhauled and put back into the system. If every little incident caused an aircraft to be impounded for a investigation. There wouldn't be any aircraft to fly. This incident wasn't the first of it's type, just happened to be "NEWS at 11!" and blow completely out of proportion.http://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpg