Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

Can't start MFS anymore

word not allowed, spending all that money for the sim and not even able to launch it anymore since Last update that's crazy 

2 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

I am finding this impossible to make work. I have downloaded and installed the Xbox client. I clicked to run it, found MSFC, clicked on the icon, but it doesn't run the simulator. I found something calleld "XBox for PC and thought maybe I downloaded the wrong client, so downloaded it as well. Tried to select MSFC, but it doesn't play it. So I am still stuck with not being able to play MSFC even though I purchased the Premium addition, downloaded the XBox client.

Also, paying it seems $1. Not much I agree by have already paid for the DVD premium version and purchased several addons. Will these be included with the XBox, assuming I actually ever get it to run?

Is your digital license installed?

Have you tried uninstalling the client and then reinstalling? rename the 2020 folder so that you dont have to redownload the 120gb content 

• Like 1

As Kand says check you have your digital license installed, This happened to me just after the initilal release of MSFS2020. I think i even deleted it and re-installed.. then it allowed the download of the files.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

37 minutes ago, Car147 said:

As Kand says check you have your digital license installed, This happened to me just after the initilal release of MSFS2020. I think i even deleted it and re-installed.. then it allowed the download of the files.

I did try to uninstall and reinstall mfs via windows store but that change nothing 

2 hours ago, johnh1984 said:

From the win 10 start menu select microsoft store. At top right corner click on the 3 dots and select My Library.

You should at the very least see 'Xbox Identity Provider'? If you don't see it you can download it from here,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/xbox-identity-provider/9wzdncrd1hkw?rtc=1

John

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried this and after My Library it shows, sorted by most recent:

Candy Crush Saga           Purchased moments ago (if I purchased this it was not intentional. Don't even know what it is.

Twitter                               Purchased moments ago (as above I did not intentionally purchase Twitter

Xbox                                  Modified today

Microsoft Flight Simulator      Purchased today (Yes, even though I already owned it...)

Microsoft FS Premium Deluxe Preorder  ...Purchased 20/22/2020  (Yes, I did - DVD version)

and a couple more purchases unrelated to MSFC

So going from this screen, I pressed the INSTALL button for MSFC - it started then I got an error message

I pressed the MANAGE button for MSFC Premium. Another screen appeared with an option to INSTALL the Premium Deluxe. Another screen to select the Disk - I selected C (SSD with 743 GB remaining. and then selected INSTALL. Reverts to the previous screen (my library of MSFC editions. Premium Deluxe edition still under the MANAGE heading, showing WORKING over a progress bar. But the progress bar shows no activity. I will leave for awhile and see what happens. After several minutes still nothing seems to be happening. I see that upper right corner this is a symbol by my user Icon indicating two downlinks underway. I click on this - back to an earlier screen "You're good to go. All your apps and games from the Store have the latest updates. But below this shows IN THE DOWNLOAD QUEUE (2). and below this two Icons MSFC DIGITAL OWNERSHIP and MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR,both with error indications.

So I am going in a loop, and always are brought back to the same screen showing that I own MSFC and Xbox, but they will not install???

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I'm in a similar jam. I have done two clean installs. MSFS2020 runs fine one time only. Then the icon is gone. Now I can't even do an install of the digital licence or the sim. Such a shame. Everything ran great until the last update. All the help apps go in a circle

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow (white)   PS: EVGA Gold 1000W  MB: ASUS Z790-A  CPU: Intel i9 13900K  Liquid Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 5600 CL36   Video Card: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4090 SSD: 2- Samsung 980 Pro 1T M.2  OS: Windows 11 Home 64 bit  Other: CH stick, throttle, pedals. MSFS2020, PMDG 737

I have tried everything and nothing works. I paid something like £119 to purchase the premium deluxe version. Everything was great until last week. Can't sign on. Some users say the only way is to go through Xbox. It seems signing on to Xbox costs £7.99 per month. No thanks. I am not interested in the other games on  Xbox just want to use Flight Simulator. Am giving up for the time being on this forum, and will sign up for the Microsoft FS forum. Hopefully will get this straightened out there, but for the time being I am out £119 and grounded!

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Just decide to do a clean install of windows, ill let you know If it fix the problem 

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow (white)   PS: EVGA Gold 1000W  MB: ASUS Z790-A  CPU: Intel i9 13900K  Liquid Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 5600 CL36   Video Card: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4090 SSD: 2- Samsung 980 Pro 1T M.2  OS: Windows 11 Home 64 bit  Other: CH stick, throttle, pedals. MSFS2020, PMDG 737

I know this is going to sound wonkers but I was getting the black screen of death syndrome yesterday and couldn't get the sim to start for the life of me then I read about others that had this problem and they changed their sound and it worked.  For me I tried switching my mic source and somehow the speakers got changed also.  After I switched the speakers back to where they were, the sim started right up. Crazy!

LouP

I suddenly had the exact same issue about a month ago. I tried everything I could think of or find here in the forums, including a re-install of the sim, but couldn't figure it out. I finally tried right-clicking on the sim's desktop icon, selected "Run As Administrator", even though I had it saved that way, and low and behold, it worked.