Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

At the moment MCE is unable to read parking break state with the dev version. FBW developers have switched to custom lvars for breaking so  putting that information here just in case if it it helps anyone.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:46 PM, hadi said:

At the moment MCE is unable to read parking break state with the dev version. FBW developers have switched to custom lvars for breaking so  putting that information here just in case if it it helps anyone.

Yes, aware of that and already taken care of in very latest version .

It requires a full re-installation.

New version now displays available commands for any given aircraft in Voxscript Edit commands panel. FlybyWIre & Aerosoft CRJ for now.

Also, for those on the FlyByWire Developer distribution, FMA call-outs are now in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

New version now displays available commands for any given aircraft in Voxscript Edit commands panel. FlybyWIre & Aerosoft CRJ for now.

Also, for those on the FlyByWire Developer distribution, FMA call-outs are now in.

Thank you so much, you guys are amazing. while other developers are still waiting for things to settle with the sim and fbw, MCE is already up and kicking.

Outside of voxscript, is there a file somewhere in txt or similar that contains the available commands for the crj and fbw?

Am excited for the FMA call outs but haven't tried it yet. The incident with christian eriksen knocked the breath out of me but now that he's awake and ok, can go back to checking the new shiny version.

edit: I've tried using the voxscript UI for the first time to find the available commands. went to the edit script part, and from there also tried editting an existing command. but i couldn't find the available commands anywhere. might be something that is going under my screen reader's radar, but i am not sure.

Edited by hadi

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

Hello there
After lastnight's exciting update i have been working on a checklist for the fbw mod, crosschecking with real world airline checklists and the capabilities of the fbw mod so we can have a comprehensive community maintained checklist to enhance the realism. I have faced with some issues and have some questions, would appreciate your assistance.
1. Correct me if i'm wrong, i think the fbw320 has "nose lights" which can be set to  "off, takeoff, taxi". I believe these are not coded into MCE yet.
2. While reading different airlines checklists, there is a setting called "temp selectors" or "zone temp selectors" which sets the temprature of the cabin i think. I believe this one is also not coded in MCE as well.
3. Is the "Probe/Window Heat" command working at the moment? when i say, "probe window heat on/off" to my co pilot, he says "window heat. -long pause- auto". so i'm not sure if it's working or not. because i seem not to be able to turn it off. maybe because my anti ice was off?
4. While reading different checklists and procedures, I have found an "auto" switch for fuel pumps. I do not know if this one is similated in fbw320, but MCE does not seem to support it.
5. the ILS or LS button in the airbus a320, usually checklists refer to it as "ils on" or "LS on" however in MCE, the command is "loc mode on/off" is this correct?
6. In the checklists i have been  reading, "nav mode on/off" refers to pushing the heading button in FCU. could this be programmed for MCE as well for the airbus?

Sorry if some of these questions are vague. I'm excited to build the checklist i've been working on to use the full capabilities of MCE, It's very awesome that the co pilot can check the items and tell you if something is wrong.

Edited by hadi

1 hour ago, hadi said:

Hello there
After lastnight's exciting update i have been working on a checklist for the fbw mod, crosschecking with real world airline checklists and the capabilities of the fbw mod so we can have a comprehensive community maintained checklist to enhance the realism. I have faced with some issues and have some questions, would appreciate your assistance.
1. Correct me if i'm wrong, i think the fbw320 has "nose lights" which can be set to  "off, takeoff, taxi". I believe these are not coded into MCE yet.

There are commands like

taxi light to takeoff

taxi light to taxi

I just checked the above commands in MSFS and they don't seem to do anything. Very likely an oversight (actions not implemeneted in Simco64_Ldr.exe). WIll be sorted within a couple of days. Thanks for pointing these out.

When you ask "landing lights on", Fo will ensure taxi light is also set to takeoff position

2. While reading different airlines checklists, there is a setting called "temp selectors" or "zone temp selectors" which sets the temprature of the cabin i think. I believe this one is also not coded in MCE as well.

Correct, we never bother with these as they are mostly a hands-on thing. Not difficult to add though.

3. Is the "Probe/Window Heat" command working at the moment? when i say, "probe window heat on/off" to my co pilot, he says "window heat. -long pause- auto". so i'm not sure if it's working or not. because i seem not to be able to turn it off. maybe because my anti ice was off?

Airbus probe has no OFF position. It's either "auto" (dark switch and the prefeed state) or "on" to override and make sure it's on.

4. While reading different checklists and procedures, I have found an "auto" switch for fuel pumps. I do not know if this one is similated in fbw320, but MCE does not seem to support it.

With flybywire loaded in the sim and MCE running, go to "add command panel" and check the commands available in listbox (should be BVI friendly). You'll find commands for fuel pumps. Pick one up and insert it. Test it, then add it to a flow if you wish. Not all speech commands variations are listed though.

In general, MCE Fo will be happy with "on" or "auto" to switch them to dark state.

5. the ILS or LS button in the airbus a320, usually checklists refer to it as "ils on" or "LS on" however in MCE, the command is "loc mode on/off" is this correct?

If you mean the small flat switch labelled "LS", commands for this one are many. Just to list a few

ils on/off

landing system on/off

Currently, Checklist doesn't handle checking those are set correctly.

6. In the checklists i have been  reading, "nav mode on/off" refers to pushing the heading button in FCU. could this be programmed for MCE as well for the airbus?

Make sure you don't get confused by all those " how to do things" style of checklists (like the ones in CJ4 mod). A real world checklist is nothing like that

Can you show me an example of a checklist you're refering to?

Sorry if some of these questions are vague. I'm excited to build the checklist i've been working on to use the full capabilities of MCE, It's very awesome that the co pilot can check the items and tell you if something is wrong.

Well done Hadi. we always appreciate when users take a deep dive and make the most of it.There is definitely more than meets the eye.

And to see a BVI pilot work it out considering the challenges, is amazing to say the least.

It's OK to ask. Answers embedded above.

Hi there!

Thank you for your reply! they were very helpful.

on point 5: Thank you for solving the confusion for me, i was getting that mixed up with the localizer mode.

on point 6. That's a good reminder, i indeed found "nav mode on" on an a320 checklist on the internet and i guess it is not accurate, as i do not see that in the british airways (bavirtual) nore delta airlines (deltava) checklist and i can't hear it on any  youtube video; That reminds me to listen to more youtube videos and alter the checklist to them instead of the checklists that are floating around.

Another question i had: What is the best way to include an item in the checklist that checks two things at once? e.g. engine switches (one and two) radio panels (one and two). Would this be fine? [ ] radio panels -- on or can i do [ ] radio panel one and two -- on

Edited by hadi

On 6/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, FS++ said:

Hi there

Is it possible that some of the commands are still not supported on the dev version? I know that you guys try to keep compatibility with the stable version since the dev version changes a lot. While i'm testing my checklist I have some commands not working, strobe lights, seatbelt signs, autobrakes, weather wps,   for an example.

It's alright to wait. just confirming in case i have not broken something. By the way. here's my checklist (still not perfect). You can use it to go through a lot of the aircraft switches, not all of them, but most. thanks to david for his checklist, i have editted and added a bunch of new items.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu89wotckfh368z/Asobo_A320_NEO_Check.txt?dl=0

Hi there

I have flown two flights so far and the FMA callouts are very great; thank you for  including them.

A few points on FMA callouts:

1. I believe autothrust   (a/thr) is missing, so when autothrust is active, the co pilot will not say "autothrust blue". could you please add that if possible?

2. I don't know if it is a standard procedure, can the ils category be also announced when it is shown in the PFD? e.g. when it shows cat 2 or cat 3 dual

3. sometimes the callouts won't get announced. I am not sure what is causing it, but it happened with open descent, thr idle, alt blue, one flight they were not announced when i was descending from cruise level, but it was  announced after i leveled out at  fl180 and tried again. My second flight when a vatsim controller cleared me to climb to my cruise level after fl150, open climb was not announced, but it was announced with my other flight. I'll do some more flights and report back on this one.

4. I think the FCU  buttons, such as "pull altitude knob" might need some testing and  re checking. They were not working for me the last time i tried with voice commands.

5. The autobrake command might also require checking. I believe it is not working at the moment.

Thank you!

Edited by hadi

On 6/18/2021 at 12:56 AM, hadi said:

Hi there

I have flown two flights so far and the FMA callouts are very great; thank you for  including them.

A few points on FMA callouts:

1. I believe autothrust   (a/thr) is missing, so when autothrust is active, the co pilot will not say "autothrust blue". could you please add that if possible?

2. I don't know if it is a standard procedure, can the ils category be also announced when it is shown in the PFD? e.g. when it shows cat 2 or cat 3 dual

3. sometimes the callouts won't get announced. I am not sure what is causing it, but it happened with open descent, thr idle, alt blue, one flight they were not announced when i was descending from cruise level, but it was  announced after i leveled out at  fl180 and tried again. My second flight when a vatsim controller cleared me to climb to my cruise level after fl150, open climb was not announced, but it was announced with my other flight. I'll do some more flights and report back on this one.

4. I think the FCU  buttons, such as "pull altitude knob" might need some testing and  re checking. They were not working for me the last time i tried with voice commands.

5. The autobrake command might also require checking. I believe it is not working at the moment.

Thank you!

Latest patch addresses some of the items you listed.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 8:21 PM, FS++ said:

Latest patch addresses some of the items you listed.

Thank you so much! had a few questions.

Is the battery switches vars still broken in flybywire, after the new  lvar/hvar systems that they have added in the dev? I'd like to make some videos with mce, some tutorial ones as well, would like the co pilot to handle the battery too to make things more complete!

(currently pressing control+8 to switch to overhead view and using saved mouse coordinates to switch them on)

Any ideas if we are able to press the yellow pump switch with the latest patch? I'm involved with the sound design of FBW and two days ago there was a update that includes my re-work of the avionics fans. It also includes the yellow pump sound when the cargo door opens although i can't seem to trigger it yet for myself 🙂

Edited by hadi

4 hours ago, hadi said:

Thank you so much! had a few questions.

Is the battery switches vars still broken in flybywire, after the new  lvar/hvar systems that they have added in the dev? I'd like to make some videos with mce, some tutorial ones as well, would like the co pilot to handle the battery too to make things more complete!

(currently pressing control+8 to switch to overhead view and using saved mouse coordinates to switch them on)

Any ideas if we are able to press the yellow pump switch with the latest patch? I'm involved with the sound design of FBW and two days ago there was a update that includes my re-work of the avionics fans. It also includes the yellow pump sound when the cargo door opens although i can't seem to trigger it yet for myself 🙂

You're welcome.

No change to batteries handling in Dev version. It's a ASOBO screw-up. Not even their battery keyboard shortcut works with this plane (it does with almost all others except 747 which appears to have the same issue).

Curently FO handles the entire hydraulic panel in Stable V0.61

For some reason, he can't in Dev using same Lvars.

New patch takes care of liveries identification to ensure none is left out.

Slightly improved FCU handling with FlyByWire Developer version.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, hadi said:

Is the battery switches vars still broken in flybywire, after the new  lvar/hvar systems that they have added in the dev? I'd like to make some videos with 🙂

It is sorted for the most recent Developer edition update, using the very latest patch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

It is sorted for the most recent Developer edition update, using the very latest patch

Wooo!  That is so great to hear! I'll be checking out all the new features after work. going to have plenty of time for the weekend to fly.

By the way it is impressive how v1/vr/v2 speeds is already monitored by the co pilot, i noticed that when i added them manually in MCDU.

How are speed checks done at the moment when i ask my co pilot to adjust flaps? is it based on the standards sset in the control panel in MCE?

Hi there Gerald.

I was wondering. if MCE has its own wasm module, would it be better if the folder that mce adds to the community would be renamed from "fsuipc-lvar-module" to something like "MCE-wasm-module" or something similar?

This would have two advantages.

-The folder would not be  hopefully removed when FSUIPC is uninstalled through control panel. (I don't know why it does that)

-It wouldn't be replaced by  another module added by other add-ons or the user themselves.

Edited by hadi