Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

Hi there

There are a few switches that the FO able to work with, but does not know at what state they are, so if you ask him to flip/arm them, it's possible that he will disarm/switch them off if they are armed already.

The ones i've found so farm are the spoilers and autothrust.

Possible that you guys are aware but reporting just in case. development version.

Edited by hadi

14 hours ago, hadi said:

Hi there

There are a few switches that the FO able to work with, but does not know at what state they are, so if you ask him to flip/arm them, it's possible that he will disarm/switch them off if they are armed already.

The ones i've found so farm are the spoilers and autothrust.

Possible that you guys are aware but reporting just in case. development version.

Nope, not aware. Thanks for reporting.

One sees them working in stable version and assume it's still the case with Dev edition.

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

Latest patch fully in synch with FlyByWire Developer edition (including most recent update).

Hi there, thank you!

May i ask if there's currently a problem with the co pilot aligning the IRS?

Another question i had, what command can i use to tell the FO to press the right arrow key on the FMC?

I am trying to create a flow that tells the FO to  receive the flight plan from simbrief, then load the correct amount of fuel from simbrief, then he does need to press the right arrow key to go to the payload page so he can also request that.

on init page the right arrow key also takes the page to the fuel page where zero fuel weight and block fuel is entered.

57 minutes ago, hadi said:

Hi there, thank you!

May i ask if there's currently a problem with the co pilot aligning the IRS?

Another question i had, what command can i use to tell the FO to press the right arrow key on the FMC?

I am trying to create a flow that tells the FO to  receive the flight plan from simbrief, then load the correct amount of fuel from simbrief, then he does need to press the right arrow key to go to the payload page so he can also request that.

on init page the right arrow key also takes the page to the fuel page where zero fuel weight and block fuel is entered.

Not aware of any issues with IRS control in any variant (Stable or Dev version).

latest now handles entire hydraulic panel in Dev version.

You can use the following commands for CDU interaction

left cdu press right aow

left cdu press next page

If you want it to be performed on the right side CDU, use

right cdu press right arrow

right cdu press next page

On 7/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, FS++ said:

Not aware of any issues with IRS control in any variant (Stable or Dev version).

latest now handles entire hydraulic panel in Dev version.

You can use the following commands for CDU interaction

left cdu press right aow

left cdu press next page

If you want it to be performed on the right side CDU, use

right cdu press right arrow

right cdu press next page

Hi there

I have reinstalled  the a32nx mod (development version) and reinstalled MCE (downloaded from the website, version 2.9.2.9)

This is what happens when i try to align the IRS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mb1mqoyil42tlr/2021-07-04 20-12-17.mp4?dl=0

Do you reckon there is an issue with my system?

6 hours ago, hadi said:

Hi there

I have reinstalled  the a32nx mod (development version) and reinstalled MCE (downloaded from the website, version 2.9.2.9)

This is what happens when i try to align the IRS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mb1mqoyil42tlr/2021-07-04 20-12-17.mp4?dl=0

Only saw it after installing this week's update of FlyBywire Dev edition.

It's not just IRS knobs which have simply been renamed (causing the Fo to not be able to control them anymore).

Even the ELAC, FAC and SEC switches that could be controlled using the ASOBO SDK and didn't even require the Lvar interface have now been switched to using new Lvars.

MCE will catchup within 2 days, but have to say, can't understand the point of these cosmetic updates.

So, now you have to consider 3 separate planes. One using ASOBO SDK, the others using different Lvars depending on which version the user is on.😟

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, hadi said:

Hi there

latest patch gets MCE in synch with latest Flybywire Dev edition

• Like 1

Latest Patch

where do i put Scripts folders do I copy the Available_Commands.dat  into the aircraft \Asobo_A320_NEO  folder

Edited by Burge

On 7/8/2021 at 4:02 AM, Burge said:

Latest Patch

where do i put Scripts folders do I copy the Available_Commands.dat  into the aircraft \Asobo_A320_NEO  folder

yes indeed. the one that's in documents\multi crew experience\...

Hi hadi

keep up the good work mate the fbw A320 with mce is looking bloody good.

Thank you mce devs

• Like 2

how do i reply  to fo  crosscheck

Edited by Burge

2 hours ago, Burge said:

how do i reply  to fo  crosscheck

You don't have to reply to that. Fo is just telling you to visually cross check.

I think the FBW Bus is an example of how not to develop a simulation.

Hundreds...yes hundreds (as publicised in Asobo's loading header) of devs all working on it!

Now anyone out there ever done project management?

Unless there is control over productivity input, it becomes the Wild West.

"Lets put this in, no lest put that in, no lets put both in...But what if it conflicts"?

Who is checking all the additions/alterations?

Jaundiced view of mine perhaps?:blink:

Stability is required before highly advanced add ons like MCE can function properly!

I'm glad I don't care for the project, the stress of developing this must be crazy!

Roll on QW 787 (if it happens or MJC Dash 8 Q 400..I wish..or even the fabulously expensive PMDG 737...well I'm a Boeing man..:biggrin:)

regards to all struggling captains.

48 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

I think the FBW Bus is an example of how not to develop a simulation.

Hundreds...yes hundreds (as publicised in Asobo's loading header) of devs all working on it!

Now anyone out there ever done project management?

Unless there is control over productivity input, it becomes the Wild West.

"Lets put this in, no lest put that in, no lets put both in...But what if it conflicts"?

Who is checking all the additions/alterations?

Jaundiced view of mine perhaps?:blink:

Stability is required before highly advanced add ons like MCE can function properly!

I'm glad I don't care for the project, the stress of developing this must be crazy!

Roll on QW 787 (if it happens or MJC Dash 8 Q 400..I wish..or even the fabulously expensive PMDG 737...well I'm a Boeing man..:biggrin:)

regards to all struggling captains.

Hi there

There's one misinterpretation that i see many people make with the fbw project; It should not be compared to companies like pmdg, fslabs, aerosoft etc.

One huge difference is the public availability of the development version. In other commercial companies you almost never get access to such a rolling release version because of the problems that comes with it such as possible bugs, compatibility issues and non functioning features.

That leads us to this fact that the current version of the fbw mod is  0.6.1 and since its release, there has not been conflicts and issues, if there is, it is minimal.

MCE developers have been kind enough to release patches to keep up with the development  version; mainly  i think because there has been major auto pilot and flight control law improvements since the stable version, +auto land, EFB features and new awesome sounds, so it is enjoyable for users to fly with the development version.

FBW contributors are not payed for their work so in theory they work on what they want, when they feel like they have free time to do so this is why this is like an alpha/beta product; IT is just something different from the aircraft releases we used to see.

As a frequent user of the fbw dev version  mod, I quickly post here as soon as something breaks with MCE and the FBW mod but I do not expect MCE to keep up with it day to day; That thing updates almost every day! I think other users of MCE should not expect the same as well, after all MCE supports a massive range of  professional aircraft and it's not the fbw only that they're taking care of.

Saying that! As of this moment MCE has full integration with the dev branch!

Edited by hadi