Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

Hadi, remember when we bought a flight sim aircraft on a disk? LOL!

It was a finished article.

I am afraid, as a dinosaur I wish we could get a finished product.

like I said, anyone done project management?

Not for me this FBW thingy...

Keep at it lads. All several hundred of you.

After a couple of thousand "updates" it may be right. provided Asobo can fix the broken ILS and Magenta line!

Please Ben, don't try and follow every update.

We Boeing chaps may get neglected, if you do and I fear for your blood pressure!

Regards to all.

11 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hadi, remember when we bought a flight sim aircraft on a disk? LOL!

It was a finished article.

I am afraid, as a dinosaur I wish we could get a finished product.

like I said, anyone done project management?

Not for me this FBW thingy...

Keep at it lads. All several hundred of you.

After a couple of thousand "updates" it may be right. provided Asobo can fix the broken ILS and Magenta line!

Please Ben, don't try and follow every update.

We Boeing chaps may get neglected, if you do and I fear for your blood pressure!

Regards to all.

Don't worry David the PMDG product line is on the way, it is just the matter of time. Knowing PMDG, they just won't port the same plane over; i am sure their b777 will come out impressive than before with more details and more complex systems.

6 hours ago, hadi said:

Don't worry David the PMDG product line is on the way, it is just the matter of time. Knowing PMDG, they just won't port the same plane over; i am sure their b777 will come out impressive than before with more details and more complex systems.

I'm sure they are working on those systems.

I've flown all the PMDG aircraft.

However I must confess to a soft spot for QW 787. It's got that "Jump Ahead" feature that enables the armchair simmer to cross the pond and continents in a jiffy. Then use all the STAR and arrivals at your destination. The feature also calculates correct fuel usage and depletes your tanks accordingly. Also MCE have nailed every switch and all the checklists!

However, I'd settle for an MD-11! 😉

Best regards

David

Some note regarding the dev version

1. Is it possible to ask the co pilot to press the TAKEOFF CONFIGURATION button on the ecam? I couldn't find the right command for it.

2. i believe the light buttons might need some fixes. strobe lights for example. At the moment if you tell the co pilot to turn them to on or auto he will not but if you tell him to turn them off he will turn them on. I think it is the same with the beacon lights.

3. When taking off, the co pilot announces "both auto pilots"-- not sure if this is a bug with MCE or the FMA. Autothrust blue is still not announced.

Edited by hadi

On 7/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, hadi said:

Some note regarding the dev version

1. Is it possible to ask the co pilot to press the TAKEOFF CONFIGURATION button on the ecam? I couldn't find the right command for it.

2. i believe the light buttons might need some fixes. strobe lights for example. At the moment if you tell the co pilot to turn them to on or auto he will not but if you tell him to turn them off he will turn them on. I think it is the same with the beacon lights.

3. When taking off, the co pilot announces "both auto pilots"-- not sure if this is a bug with MCE or the FMA. Autothrust blue is still not announced.

Commands for TO config...

check takeoff configuration

check takeoff config

takeoff configuration check

... many other variations

Although there is a Lvar for this, it doesn't seem to do anything.

No issues with Beacon light control.

Strobe light can only be set to auto or ON because of the wrong type of variable used with this plane. I know it does move to OFF when done manually. But you'd be surprised to hear that the value is 1 in auto or Off and 0 in ON which defies common sense. It should be 0, 1, 2

Item 3 will be looked at and fixed in next update.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, FS++ said:

Commands for TO config...

check takeoff configuration

check takeoff config

takeoff configuration check

... many other variations

Although there is a Lvar for this, it doesn't seem to do anything.

No issues with Beacon light control.

Strobe light can only be set to auto or ON because of the wrong type of variable used with this plane. I know it does move to OFF when done manually. But you'd be surprised to hear that the value is 1 in auto or Off and 0 in ON which defies common sense. It should be 0, 1, 2

Item 3 will be looked at and fixed in next update.

Edited by Burge

Wing lights off after takeoff one wing light  stays on not sure could be fbw

set altimeter to 1009 ok captain 1014 I get this all the time

Edited by Burge

Ok this how i did it Strobe light

taxi out  procedure-Strobe light off

runway entry or takeoff procedure-Strobe light on

after landing procedure- Strobe light off or auto

this is using jess my fo

Edited by Burge

On 7/18/2021 at 12:32 AM, Burge said:

Wing lights off after takeoff one wing light  stays on not sure could be fbw

Definitely something wrong with the FBW mod here.

Updated to latest FBW dev edition today and currently, when you command "wing lights on", the left wing lights turn on and the right side remains off.

When you command "wing lights off", the left side goes off and the right side goes on.

Strangely enough, if you follow that with a "wing lights on" command, the left side comes on too.

And a further "wing lights off" switches both side off, but only under this scenario

Great to see the progress of FBW and MCE.

I think the issues with landing lights, taxi lights and strobe lights are already known but this one seems to be new (latest Dev version):

There is something wrong with the flap commands. "Flap one" works, but "flaps two" sets flaps three and any further flaps command sets flaps full. Seems the commands add to the current flaps state (so with flaps one set, "flaps two" sets flaps to three).

Apart from that it seems autobrake commands also don't work.

Edited by RALF9636

It seems the FO sets the ECAM to Status everytime a checklist is read. He shouldn't do that (maybe unless the ECAM Status is a checklist item). 

When FO sets Landing System on the green lights on the push buttons on the glareshield panel go on correctly but the system actually does not work. It does not show the ILS. You need to manually press the button again and then the ILS comes on immediately.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, RALF9636 said:

Great to see the progress of FBW and MCE.

I think the issues with landing lights, taxi lights and strobe lights are already known but this one seems to be new (latest Dev version):

There is something wrong with the flap commands. "Flap one" works, but "flaps two" sets flaps three and any further flaps command sets flaps full. Seems the commands add to the current flaps state (so with flaps one set, "flaps two" sets flaps to three).

Apart from that it seems autobrake commands also don't work.

Thanks for reporting the FBW most ecent breaking changes.

Issues sorted in latest patch that brings MCE to V2.9.3.7

Also, starting from this version, there is a much better integration with Working Title CJ4 mod (IMPORTNT: add the file "CJ4.hvar" (found in <Support> folder to the wasm module folder in \Community\ folder)

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, FS++ said:

Issues sorted in latest patch that brings MCE to V2.9.3.7

I confirm Flaps, Autobrake and ECAM Status after Checklists are fixed.

LS still illuminates the lights on the glareshield but the system does not work without manually pressing the button again.