Sign in to follow this  
danbaz

FBW A320NX project topics

37 minutes ago, danbaz said:

Pls forget about this one. Commands 'start master one off' and 'start master two off' do the job. Perhaps nice to add to Availlable_Commands.dat file.

Dome light can only be set to ON (assumed bright) or off. Will check with latest Dev version is anything is broken.

Available_Commands isn't meant to be an exhaustive account of all soeech commands available.There are multiple variations for all items

irs one to att

irs one set to att

irs one switch to attitude reference.

irs one to attitude reference

Inertial reference system one to att

inertial reference one to attitude reference.

.... many more variationsmore veriations for that switch alone.

The main purpose of that file is for people building flows from scratch to quickly grab commands to add, rather than look-up the documentation.

It's main purpose

Good afternoon,

1. The FBW mod can take the flightplan directly from the MCDU, bypassing MSFS flightplanning, but still providing MSFS ATC services (IFR Clearance). Of course MCE does not know this and states so in the gui ATC tab.

How important is it for MCE to have the flightplan loaded?

From Simbrief I have downloaded the MSFS plan and have imported in MCE. Is this the recommended way now?

2. In the MCE gui, ATC tab, there is an option: Use <DEL> or <END>key for transn

I cannot deselect this option. Problem: I use the END key a lot as it is the default for switching from inside the cockpit to outside the airplane.

Why does it not accept to clear the check box?

3. While spawning at EHRD Gate 2C and loading MCE, the FO is asking ATC to send the ramp. How can I turn this off? The reason is that I am using another add-on to have the ramp in place and through that one it will stay in place until I ask for it to be removed.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Daniel

Edited by danbaz

20 hours ago, danbaz said:

Good afternoon,

1. The FBW mod can take the flightplan directly from the MCDU, bypassing MSFS flightplanning, but still providing MSFS ATC services (IFR Clearance). Of course MCE does not know this and states so in the gui ATC tab.

How important is it for MCE to have the flightplan loaded?

From Simbrief I have downloaded the MSFS plan and have imported in MCE. Is this the recommended way now?

2. In the MCE gui, ATC tab, there is an option: Use <DEL> or <END>key for transn

I cannot deselect this option. Problem: I use the END key a lot as it is the default for switching from inside the cockpit to outside the airplane.

Why does it not accept to clear the check box?

3. While spawning at EHRD Gate 2C and loading MCE, the FO is asking ATC to send the ramp. How can I turn this off? The reason is that I am using another add-on to have the ramp in place and through that one it will stay in place until I ask for it to be removed.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Daniel

1) Simbrief flight plan formatt not supported yet.

Flight plan awareness mostly important for PF3 or Radar Contact ATC as FO needs to know the waypoints so he could say "Center KLM 143 requestiing direct course to Mike Delta Romeo". Since you can't do that with MSFS, it's just cosmetic.

You cantell your FO where you are going with something like

our destination airport is Kilo Mike India Alpha

we are going to Kilo Mike India Alpha

etc... many other variations

2) You cannot deselect the <DEL> key unless you have assigned a joystick button. By default, it's the DEL key that is monitored.

3) is it just the jetway or do you rather have an option to completely disable ground services handling via MCE?

Thank you Gerald,

1. Telling him is easier than doing the simbrief .pln export + MCE import (which seems to work partially).

2. OK

3. Opinions can vary, but I would opt to allow MCE to handle ground services, but only on request. This allows for flexibility. I could ask for the ramp through the Toolbar Pushback app, but could ask FO to call for the fuel truck. This way having best of both worlds.

PS. Have you been able to check FO ability to switch off/on the yellow electrical pump (and dome light) yet? FBW always starts up with this being below the green band, hence FO task to engage the pump for a few seconds to fix.

FBW will be adding chocks soon, so then he can also do the first flight of day alternate braking system check. Well I tried, but he will not touch the brakes, so guess that one is out of scope for now.

Edited by danbaz

Good evening,

FO has a silent before start flow. Part of the flow is to close his window. Part of his default action for this is to counter and tell me to close my window too. I tried several variants, all with the same result. Is there a similar command that will allow him to silently close his window without telling me what to do? Talks a lot, Enable nagging and Can hear minor insults have been deselected.

Part of his after start flow is to set flaps for takeoff. Can he read the correct setting from the MCDU? or can I tell him - as part of the briefing - what the flap setting will be, so that he knows what to set them to?

And as we are on it, he also needs to set the trim to the takeoff position. Same questions apply as for the flaps. He accepts "reset elevator trim", but he says he will set them to neutral and will not do anything. Either way, I need him to set them to the takeoff position.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Edited by danbaz
added questions about flaps and trim

one more... I know request the request for a non voice initiated flow has been made before, but please allow me to try again.

As you know the after start flow starts when the captain sets the mode selector to normal. We do not want the flow to start mid air, so perhaps when combined with the FMGC in preflight phase this could work?

19 hours ago, danbaz said:

one more... I know request the request for a non voice initiated flow has been made before, but please allow me to try again.

As you know the after start flow starts when the captain sets the mode selector to normal. We do not want the flow to start mid air, so perhaps when combined with the FMGC in preflight phase this could work?

Not sure I follow Daniel.

Currently, we only capture those events (you manually selecting rotary start mode to normal) in Prepar3D and FSX. And by design, MCE already checks a few parameters like whether you are on ground, engins running, in after landing phase, etc..

In MSFS, you need to trigger the flow with a speech command.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, danbaz said:

Good evening,

FO has a silent before start flow. Part of the flow is to close his window. Part of his default action for this is to counter and tell me to close my window too. I tried several variants, all with the same result. Is there a similar command that will allow him to silently close his window without telling me what to do? Talks a lot, Enable nagging and Can hear minor insults have been deselected.

Part of his after start flow is to set flaps for takeoff. Can he read the correct setting from the MCDU? or can I tell him - as part of the briefing - what the flap setting will be, so that he knows what to set them to?

And as we are on it, he also needs to set the trim to the takeoff position. Same questions apply as for the flaps. He accepts "reset elevator trim", but he says he will set them to neutral and will not do anything. Either way, I need him to set them to the takeoff position.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Elev adjustment hasn't been looked at yet.

There is a new patch

Replace/add files as per folder structure.

If only running MSFS, replace "mce.exe", "Simco64_Ldr.exe", files in <CandC> folder as well as "Available_Commands.dat" in ASobo A320Neo flows folder.

You can ignore the other files

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can now disable the automatic call for the ramp on MCE startup in "mce.ini" by adding this

[RAMP]

AlwaysInitiateMsfsRampServices=0

Edited by FS++

Hey All,

A question: will the plane accept a Simbrief flight plan if Simbrief is configured with AIRAC 2109? (coz due to new cross-border regulations, I can no longer subscribe to Navigraph).

Any advice on this subject will be much appreciated...

Best,

Lucky 🙂

4 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Hey All,

A question: will the plane accept a Simbrief flight plan if Simbrief is configured with AIRAC 2109? (coz due to new cross-border regulations, I can no longer subscribe to Navigraph).

Any advice on this subject will be much appreciated...

Best,

Lucky 🙂

Currently Simbrief generated .pln files cannot be read by MCE. But this might change later this month.

For native ATC, flight plan doesn't matter much as there is no feature to say request a direct course to a specific waypoint in which case MCE would need to be aware of the various waypoints, as is the cae with PF3 ATC or Radar Contact ATC.

You could verbally tell the FO about your destination

destination airport is Echo Golf Lima Lima

We're going to Kilo Mike India Alpha.

Once you repond positively to the prompt for confirmation, Fo will have the info which would mostly be vital for Blind Visually impaired pilots who can occasionally ask "confirm heading and distance to destination", "confirm distance and heading to airport" (there are many other variations)

On 1/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, FS++ said:

There is a new patch

Replace/add files as per folder structure.

If only running MSFS, replace "mce.exe", "Simco64_Ldr.exe", files in <CandC> folder as well as "Available_Commands.dat" in ASobo A320Neo flows folder.

You can ignore the other files

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can now disable the automatic call for the ramp on MCE startup in "mce.ini" by adding this

[RAMP]

AlwaysInitiateMsfsRampServices=0

Thanks Gerald,

Will look at this.