Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Global AI Ship Traffic Tomorrow!

3 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

It basically freezes for a good while, and when it comes back it's 2 seconds per frame. (not 2 frames per second)

Not for me. Once it comes back it's smooth like it was before.

The lag is because the sim is reloading the traffic files, it will happen with boats and offline ai air traffic. Same thing happens in P3DV5 if you change time on the fly.

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Noticing the same since its first installation yesterday. It does not have MSFS native models, so the add-on needs to covert all the .mdl files from FSX/P3D to properly work. When you change your location it starts loading up, converting and writing new ship models to your disk (notice that it creates a second folder inside your Community, with a "_CVT_" added to the name, on which all the model conversions are stored). These actions create short sim pauses that are quite annoying to me. Sim loading times also increased noticeably with this add-on.

I think it still needs some work, but at least is already here.

[EDIT]: Posted this at the sim forums and Mr. Nielsen kindly responded and he's aware of this behavior.

Cheers, Ed

If I recall it's because he wants to keep the source files identical so he can make the P3D/FSX and MSFS versions at the same time.

Edited by Tuskin38

It would be cool some day to see a similar program coming out that will allow us to "build" and place the bgl files into the community folder right before launching FS, according to real time ship location and destination data...

Edited by KERNEL32

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

It would be cool some day to see a similar program coming out that will allow us to "build" and place the bgl files into the community folder right before launching FS, according to real time ship location and destination data...

You can check my previous post (page 7), on how to do so. Happy flying.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I can't find the site or can I download it?
I saw on Avsim but there is plenty of file to download and it is for FSX? ...

4 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

I can't find the site or can I download it?
I saw on Avsim but there is plenty of file to download and it is for FSX? ...

If you are talking about AIBTC http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/  link is working and you can download it. It is for FSX but works for MSFS , as well.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Oh no, I was talking about the software to have the ships on the globe not the compiler

it's good as much for me I found it on Flightsim.to

Edited by Axis3600

I wonder if MS have considered the long term possibility of extending the scope of the sim to include useable water craft? After all we have the whole world modelled and areas of water defined. Add dockable harbour and port areas, good to go. It would probably be easier to add ships in the game than road vehicles or trains.

• Like 1

No issues using the linker.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

No issues using the linker.

Sure.  I don't have any issues with it running either.

It is just that another folder is created directly inside the community folder on first run. 
Looks like that one can't be moved out and linked from addon manager, but has to stay inside the community folder, or else it just regenerates in there again if you move it out. 
No big issue.

On the time thing, I was watching / flying over ships in the Bristol Channel yesterday, and I moved the time forward 3 hours towards sunset, and I didn't get the lag.  It was instant.  Maybe it is to do with the number of ships within visual radius.  I only had about three.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Sure.  I don't have any issues with it running either.

It is just that another folder is created directly inside the community folder on first run. 
Looks like that one can't be moved out and linked from addon manager, but has to stay inside the community folder, or else it just regenerates in there again if you move it out. 
No big issue.

That is because it uses some legacy FSX stuff. Anything that does will create a seperate cvx file in the community folder. It is normal operation.

• Like 1

James

I am trying to create some custom Ai Ship routes. I would like to check its plans.txt format with those that come with AIShips - where are these plans.txt stored in MSFS?

Couldn´t find them...but they are here somewhere...

Thanks  

Edmundo Azevedo

44 minutes ago, ega said:

I am trying to create some custom Ai Ship routes. I would like to check its plans.txt format with those that come with AIShips - where are these plans.txt stored in MSFS?

Couldn´t find them...but they are here somewhere...

Thanks  

Hello;

If you want to see the routes, you need to decompile the bgl files in the related GAIST folder, with AIBTC free app. By this way, you can get the kml files and import these kml file to Google Maps and see the route and/or modify.

Details are on page 7 of this thread , in my post. Hope this helps. Happy flying.