Noooch

Global AI Ship Traffic Tomorrow!

Spotted this one this morning while on approach to San Juan:

e2PNDM4.png

Ot1aHDF.png

2UCy8Wt.png

Jose

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My sim freezes completely for  about 20 to 30 secs, sometimes as I am just landing, so I cant be having that! Bigtime immersion killer so its gone, back to default ships for me..   a lot better on my i5 3.2 gh pc! 

Regards

Paul EGCC

14 minutes ago, tull said:

My sim freezes completely for  about 20 to 30 secs, sometimes as I am just landing, so I cant be having that! Bigtime immersion killer so its gone, back to default ships for me..   a lot better on my i5 3.2 gh pc! 

Does it do that everytime or just initially. I had that the first time I ran the sim after installing ships as I believe it copies a couple of gb of data into the community folder on running for the first time which causes the freeze.  After that it's been ok.  

Can ships be routed to travel over land? Or do they have to be at sea level.

In other words could we use this to make trains?

Edited by dobee51

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

Can ships be routed to travel over land? Or do they have to be at sea level.

In other words could we use this to make trains?

They are all at sea level.

Besides, due to some elevation problems of Aobo's inland waters or rivers, the ships can not be seen or they are sunk in the water in most of the areas.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

2 hours ago, tull said:

That's the sim converting the legacy FSX files to MSFS format, it will stop happening once you've seen every boat model at least once.

Edited by Tuskin38

oh right, well ill reinstall it then and give it another try guys, thank you for your input....Ill report back in 48hrs!

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's the sim converting the legacy FSX files to MSFS format, it will stop happening once you've seen every boat model at least once.

Do you know what files are being converted? I'm thinking it might be the textures?

You can easily write a batch file to convert them all at once, if that is the case.

53 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Do you know what files are being converted? I'm thinking it might be the textures?

You can easily write a batch file to convert them all at once, if that is the case.

It's the models and some textures.

The author didn't convert them to the MSFS model format so he could have just one working copy of the source files that work for both MSFS and FSX/P3D.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 3/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, Tuskin38 said:

It's the models and some textures.

The author didn't convert them to the MSFS model format so he could have just one working copy of the source files that work for both MSFS and FSX/P3D.

It is true it is still backwards compatible, but that is not the reason for not going to .gltf format at this point. The reason is that we want to make a real native version and not just a simple conversion, but this will take a lot longer. The present launch is an intermediary state which works... The small performance advantage going to .gltf  is not worth it. Transferring into .gltf with a simple conversion does not improve texturing to PBR, it will not make lights look right, it will not give the ships hard decks, etc  so really no point. The routes will still have to load which is part of the performance issue on systems already squeezed to the maximum. So have patience and then we will launch a real native version and hopefully at that point Asobo will have enabled smoke effects and wake effects and all the other stuff.

Cote de Flandres below has been selected as the test ship for becoming the first native model and will be liberated as a stand alone for performance test once she is finished in  a couple of weeks.

21031111005916112917308222.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/9/2021 at 3:32 PM, tull said:

Hello,

I had the same problem.

I fixed it by delete it, redownload and now it's ok.

The first time i followed some advice : launch your flight with clear sky then change weather.

Now i can use this mode without any problem.

Hope it will help you

Franck

spacer.png

12 hours ago, af1134 said:

Hello,

I had the same problem.

I fixed it by delete it, redownload and now it's ok.

The first time i followed some advice : launch your flight with clear sky then change weather.

Now i can use this mode without any problem.

Hope it will help you

Franck

I think you give and important lead - the conversion done by the sim is much tougher when you run high weather settings and e.g. have waves. If a system is already squezzed then the conversion of the ships hits harder, and the sim seems to remember - depending on your settings - quite a lot, which again favor an approach of letting the sim see the ships first without being to stressed...

Hi,

I will not critism this work, which is great, but for the performance issus I decide to delete this mod.

I found it has it time in FSX an P3D and now it´s time for something more spectacular with waves and moving people and so on.

Yes it´s hard to fly over empty seas, but in IFR, the loseness is not that big for now.

I will see foreward to get something that better works.

Stephan from Germany

My System

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

Hi,

I will not critism this work, which is great, but for the performance issus I decide to delete this mod.

I found it has it time in FSX an P3D and now it´s time for something more spectacular with waves and moving people and so on.

Yes it´s hard to fly over empty seas, but in IFR, the loseness is not that big for now.

I will see foreward to get something that better works.

What performance issues? Once it loads I haven’t noticed any.

Also those additions you do want will add performance impact.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5