Sign in to follow this  

adding a fuel truck to your local airport?

Guest stormwind

hi pilots,my local airport doesn't have a fuel truck; as i try to call it (shift+f) fsx says that there are no trucks available...well any possibility to add a fuel truck to my airport without modify the whole airport scenery (ex maybe just modify a params on a cfg?)tnx, regardsstorm

Guest archtx

Hope you get an answer to this one, because I'd like to know also. I know you can add them in the mission system, and I know you can save the scenery part of a mission seperately, but haven't tried it yet.

Unfortunately, there is no FSX Afcad. I believe what you need to do is add the "tracks" for the truck to follow. There is another message around here detailing the steps you need to go through to create an AFCAD for FSX. Pretty complicated. I'd follow those instructions, decompiling both your airport, and another that has a fuel truck, and you can just cut and paste and edit. The SDK probably talks about it too.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest KaelOost

As far as I know, even decompiling the existing airports and editing them with AFCAD won't allow you to add these tracks or any fuel trucks. Hopefully we get an AFCAD or scenery tool soon. I'd pay good money for one right now, we need Lee Swordy back...Kael

Guest GA Flyer

What is needed at an airport to have a fuel truck anyway? I went to two airports that offer fuel but it states no fuel truck available. Just because in the real world the field offers fuel doesnt mean theres a fuel truck at the field in FS or am I missing something?

What you need to add is parking spot of type "VEHICLE" and connect it to a taxiway or apron route. That should do it.Juan

I'm sorry if what I wrote was confusing. I did not mean that you'd be able to add the truck using AFCAD. AFCAD won't have a clue after decompiling and following all the steps.What I meant was, decompile as described in the other thread, then look at the XML and read the SDK. The information will be there. XML is a "human" (geek?) readable format, and usually fairly self explanatory. I haven't done it myself yet, but I've hand edited plenty of FS9 afcad xml files.you'll find lines with lat/lon coordinates and parking spot descriptions, cut and paste these into your own afcad, change it as best you can, compile it, figure out what you did wrong, and keep compiling till it works. Really - it's fun! :)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

The easiest thing that you can do is, decompile the bgl, find a parking spot that you can spare and change the type from "PARKING" or "GATE" to "VEHICLE" and finally recompile with bglcomp. If you need more help, just ask the guys at the Scenery design forum. They're very helpful.Juan

Added a fuel truck to PATK. Truck is there - when I click shift F, says I'm #1. The truck backs up while turning 90 degrees and then just stops. Any suggestions?Thanks for the help so far!Edit: nevermind - worked fine when I pulled the plane up with the engine running. Thanks for all the help guys! I'd post a screenshot, except I figure I'd get in trouble for sizes or something.Cheers