Sign in to follow this  
atc81

[Resolved] Can't re-install Pro edition P3Dv5

I am unable to reinstall AILRP after changing to P3Dv5 from v4.5. I had to change the drive AILRP was previously installed on for P3Dv4 to a new SSD due to failure of the older drive. I have uninstalled all files (that I can detect) and cleared the registry using CCleaner. When I try to install v1.28 all I get is the spinning blue thingy for a long time and then a couple of .net errors (can't find P3dV4 camera.cfg) and one that says cannot find P3D.exe source. When I finally get to the config page there is nothing in the box up on the top to show which P3D version I want. No V4, No V5...nothing...blank.

Obviously something is keeping AILRP from finding my P3Dv5 installation or there is a corrupted file which I can't seem to find and either delete or repair. I have disabled Windows Defender 9 (I am on Win10x64) during download and install so it isn't an anti-virus block. I am at a loss on how to proceed.

HELP!!

Bill

11 hours ago, atc81 said:

I am unable to reinstall AILRP after changing to P3Dv5 from v4.5. I had to change the drive AILRP was previously installed on for P3Dv4 to a new SSD due to failure of the older drive. I have uninstalled all files (that I can detect) and cleared the registry using CCleaner. When I try to install v1.28 all I get is the spinning blue thingy for a long time and then a couple of .net errors (can't find P3dV4 camera.cfg) and one that says cannot find P3D.exe source. When I finally get to the config page there is nothing in the box up on the top to show which P3D version I want. No V4, No V5...nothing...blank.

Obviously something is keeping AILRP from finding my P3Dv5 installation or there is a corrupted file which I can't seem to find and either delete or repair. I have disabled Windows Defender 9 (I am on Win10x64) during download and install so it isn't an anti-virus block. I am at a loss on how to proceed.

HELP!!

Bill

Hi Bill,

You re-,activated the software after the change of the SDD?

In addition you removed V4? If so is your registry regarding V4 clean? If AILRP finds a registry entry for V4 it will attempt to configure it accordingly.

Send me an email at support@fsreborn.com if you are having issues re-activating.

Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol,

You nailed it! There was one leftover from P3Dv4 in my registry. CCleaner missed it and while I am not one to mess with registry entries a whole lot, I did find and deleted the one key under P3Dv4 and.....voila! AILRP installed perfectly and I was able to re-activate it without any problem. P3Dv5 now shows in the top window and I can configure my AI fleet.  Thanks again for your support and a great product.

Best,

Bill

• Upvote 1