Sign in to follow this  
VirtualPilot1460

Gate or stand?

Is there anyway to substitute Gate for stand, when I ask to go to gate 5 for example the program interprets as eight five - then issues taxi instructions back to the runway, i fell stand would work better

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

This has happened to me also.

I was wondering why sometimes ATC would taxi me back to the runway after landing.

7 hours ago, VirtualPilot1460 said:

when I ask to go to gate 5 for example the program interprets as eight five

Because the program most likely understands the word eight instead of gate due to your pronunciation.

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

On 3/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, Reiner on Tour said:

Because the program most likely understands the word eight instead of gate due to your pronunciation.

can it be taught to learn gate?

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Yes.  That's what the Language Training is for in Grammar Helper.

Do the Ground controller training a couple of time and it might help.

Dave

Will try that, thanks

Regards

Nathan Smith 

I added the word 'Gate' and 'eight' to the speech recognition directory so that the words would be picked up better. No issues since.

Hmmmmm will have to try that - thanks for the tip

Regards

Nathan Smith 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:39 AM, John_Clarke said:

I added the word 'Gate' and 'eight' to the speech recognition directory so that the words would be picked up better. No issues since.

Can you please tell me how this is done?

2 hours ago, Bam2000 said:

Can you please tell me how this is done?

Sure, Open up Windows Speech Recognition (I normally just type it in the start menu) -> Left lick ( to enable) and then Right click the microphone -> 'Open the speech dictionary' -> 'Add new word' -> Type the word ' Gate' and select 'Record the pronunciation after finish' click box. 

I did this for both 'Gate' and 'Eight' so that the speech recognition could determine between the 2. Its not perfect but a whole lot better than before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1