Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

CJ4 with Working Title Mod - so many problems!

Hi!

I watched a tutorial on YT, where the CJ4 works like a charm. Unlike mine... The takeoff, climb and first part of the cruise were just OK. Then the following problems happened:

1/ My flight line on PDF was straight, no turns, and my CJ4 kept on flying banked to the right (approx. 30 deg.). Is it the crosswind? Strange...

2/ ATC told me to descend from FL370 to FL200. I dialled 20000 and pressed FLC, but the descent did not begin. So I used the VC mode - I set -2000 fpm and pressed the VS button. The CJ4 started to descend, but ignored my "-2000" and plunged with approx. -6000 fpm! Why?

3/ I got new directions from the ATC so I wanted to change my course manually. I used the HDG mode, turned the knob to turn approx. 40 deg to the right. My CJ4 banked to the right, but the current heading didn't change at all! It just kept flying straight & banked as in 1/. Why?

4/ Having the problem No. 4, I decided to turn off the AP completely and hand-fly. And the real nightmare began. The aircraft was almost unflyable. Even the slightest throttle changes caused it to go from the STALL warning to massive OVERSPEED (which ultimately caused the CJ4 to destroy in the sky 😞 ).

I'm so disappointed...

Edited by Kenjiro75

This sounds strange. I have used the WT CJ4 during the last three weeks with short and long flights and everything worked as expected according to the tutorial video.

Difficult to address your issues. You probably have to re-install or make sure you're using compatible liveries.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

WT CJ-4 is my favorite mod. I fly weekly and never experience problem like yourself . I guess you don't install it correctly or there is some conflict with other add on

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

As Ed and SD say above, and also, make sure the sim hasn't switched to legacy flight mode after the recent update (you need the modern flight model).  This has happened to a few people after updates apparently.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

26 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Difficult to address your issues. You probably have to re-install or make sure you're using compatible liveries.

What Ed says. This pretty much describes what will happen when using a livery having its own "panel.cfg."

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Strange. If all the above tips should not give you positive results, here's what I can think of:

1 - The CJ4 has rudder trim. Maybe you have involuntarily (control assignements?) set rudder trim out of center.

2 - FLC pitches for airspeed, so you have to dial in a desired speed. If you don't do that, the aircraft should start to descent as soon as you reduce thrust, as the aircraft will pitch down to maintain the current speed. Long story short: There's two inputs necessary for FLC. VS mode should -for passenger comfort - be applied from level flight by pressing VS (which will activate VS mode with the current rate of descent = 0 ft/min) and then  s l o w l y  dialling in the descent rate. In your case it sounds like the first part (activation of VS mode with rate 0 ft/min) happened - no idea how you ended up diving.

3. No idea, sorry

4. If you were at a very high altitude, handflying would be difficult (you may google "coffin corner"), however down low she handles like a dream.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 - Rudder trim is wildly out of center to the left, causing bank to the right to maintain course.

2 - FLC is a speed mode. If you set a lower altitude and activate FLC the AP will do nothing assuming throttle is set to maintain level airspeed. The AP will only pitch down if you reduce throttle, which reduces airspeed and causes the AP to pitch down to maintain airspeed. NOBODY uses FLC for descent, and your passengers will hate you if you try to use it because it's very difficult to control high-speed descent rate with throttle. As far as VS problem, I can't comment because I've never experienced that problem.

3 - Rudder trim is wildly out of center to the left, causing bank to the right to maintain course, but since the aircraft is already at max AP bank angle, it will not bank further to initiate the turn to the right.

Showing trim indicator on MFD - notice how rudder trim is centered - yours will be to the left side of the scale.

TrimIndicators.jpg?raw=1

If you hover your mouse pointer over the rudder trim knob the tool-tip will pop up showing trim setting...in your case it will be -10.0 or some negative number indicating rudder trim to the left.

RudderTrim.jpg?raw=1

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

+1 to ensuring you are on the 'modern' flight model

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

All the above and read

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/blob/main/docs/workingtitle-cj4/CHANGES.md

and

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzxPMTSQRkvau8QOi7xUqNvjx9rbww_qHlso5AT5OnI/edit

You can use TOD & VNAV for descents, works well, or imo its best to use VS if you dont use TOD/VNAV. FLC is best when used for climbing. I use it for climbs all the time.

After a week of flying the CJ4 wt ive not seen any of the things you talk about. Hopefully you now have the info to sort it out.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I'm so disappointed...

is it a simulator or a game?

why do even airline captains with 10.000 of hours go through recurrent training when all we  need is watch some youtubes and twitch captains in between saturday night live and disney channel?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

Hi!

I watched a tutorial on YT, where the CJ4 works like a charm. Unlike mine... The takeoff, climb and first part of the cruise were just OK. Then the following problems happened:

1/ My flight line on PDF was straight, no turns, and my CJ4 kept on flying banked to the right (approx. 30 deg.). Is it the crosswind? Strange...

Check rudder and/or disconnect A/P and re-engage

2/ ATC told me to descend from FL370 to FL200. I dialled 20000 and pressed FLC, but the descent did not begin. So I used the VC mode - I set -2000 fpm and pressed the VS button. The CJ4 started to descend, but ignored my "-2000" and plunged with approx. -6000 fpm! Why?

ATC sux beware. Descend using VNAV or VS. FLC is a climb mode. Likely was chasing the path down since you were well above it.

3/ I got new directions from the ATC so I wanted to change my course manually. I used the HDG mode, turned the knob to turn approx. 40 deg to the right. My CJ4 banked to the right, but the current heading didn't change at all! It just kept flying straight & banked as in 1/. Why?

ATC sux beware. Sounds like you didn't engage HDG mode properly.

4/ Having the problem No. 4, I decided to turn off the AP completely and hand-fly. And the real nightmare began. The aircraft was almost unflyable. Even the slightest throttle changes caused it to go from the STALL warning to massive OVERSPEED (which ultimately caused the CJ4 to destroy in the sky 😞 ).

Sounds like flight model needs to change to modern.

I'm so disappointed...

Hope that changes! 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

...and the purpose of your post was?

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

20 hours ago, somiller said:

...and the purpose of your post was?

He put his answers to the OP's questions within the quote, which made it look like he didn't add anything.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.