Sign in to follow this  
RW1

QualityWings Ultimate 787 1.4 Update

Unfortunately it seems they haven't updated the refresh rate of the screens. It's really stuttery/sluggish compared to all other MFD aircraft that I fly. Pity 

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

47 minutes ago, psolk said:

Do you program speed restrictions on the Legs page?  That's actually how I get it to maintain and hold a desired speed on climb-out.  Typically fully loaded though she will hold 267/10000 as per the CDU so to adhere to ATC I have to ensure 250 limit is built into the speed restrictions on the legs page or it will overspeed.  250/10000 on the VNA CLB page does not always work.. 

Yes I do set speed restrictions in the fmc.

thou for instance if I set my key binding t my Saitek yoke for TO/GA aircraft will keep climbing above cruise altitude and  overspeed.

if I use the click spot  beside  the F/D it flew perfectly Fine with autopilot lnav/ vnav active 

mike

Just now, mikeymike said:

Yes I do set speed restrictions in the fmc.

thou for instance if I set my key binding t my Saitek yoke for TO/GA aircraft will keep climbing above cruise altitude and  overspeed.

if I use the click spot  beside  the F/D it flew perfectly Fine with autopilot lnav/ vnav active 

mike

Hmm... I have a custom Throttle quadrant but use FSUIPC to map it to the TO/GA buttons on the controller and it holds LNAV/VNAV fine.  I'm P3D V 4.5 as well  Sorry, lots of variables!  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, psolk said:

Hmm... I have a custom Throttle quadrant but use FSUIPC to map it to the TO/GA buttons on the controller and it holds LNAV/VNAV fine.  I'm P3D V 4.5 as well  Sorry, lots of variables!  

I went back to 4.5 hf3  from v5.1 hf1 

but yeah thanks thou, hopefully  it’s fixed 

I’ll test when I get the download installer from  my vendor I purchased it from.

cheers 

mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

I went back to 4.5 hf3  from v5.1 hf1 

but yeah thanks thou, hopefully  it’s fixed 

I’ll test when I get the download installer from  my vendor I purchased it from.

cheers 

mike

Fingers crossed!  I really like the new update, pretty impressed.  

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Not update related but plane related, how accurate is the QW787 on the engine numbers like fuel flow, N1/N2, EGT, etc. and how accurate is the start-up sequence? Maybe @jon b can advise? 🙂

I’m probably not the best person to ask to be honest I’ve only just been released onto the machine so I’m not really familiar enough yet to make any useful comparisons.

I believe @fluffyflops flew some sectors using real flight plans a while back and said the fuel burn was pretty much spot on if I remember correctly.

I would say though that I really like the QW 787, I’ve been flying it daily since summer. It has some fantastic hidden gems that you’d only notice if you’d had your head in the manuals, as I’ve been forced to do recently.

The start up sequence is spot on, can’t vouch for the actual turbine figures presented yet, but the sounds are great, as per the real aircraft once the first engine start switch is selected to start the thing load sheds almost everything and it goes deadly quiet on the flight deck to the extent that you think you’ve just broken it,they’ve captured that well. The sounds in general are really good indeed, for example at exactly 3 minutes after engine start if you listen Very very carefully you’ll hear a little whine as the hydraulic demand pumps shut down.  Most people won’t notice it but it’s there , in reality you’d probably only hear it in the cabin, I can’t say I’ve noticed it in the flight deck, but I do like it’s inclusion.

You have to keep your eye on it as it will try and kill you. The auto throttle seems to stick in thrust ref after take off so if you have an early level off it’ll shoot straight through the red bricks.The  TOGA switch on a go around is a bit of Russian roulette , sometimes you’ll get thrust and toga , other times it just stays stuck on approach mode and keeps coming down.

It has some incredible attention to small detail and yet at times the major bread and butter items like LNAV and VNAV can have a mind of their own. Having said that I recently flew it back to back with a well known 777 and 747 on a SID with an early tight turn after take off , and only the QW 787 managed to do it properly without wanting to disappear up its own jet pipe!

Theres a lot of greatness about the add on , the ability to realistically call up weather Reports on the MFDs and ATIS on the AUX displays for example,but there’s also much missing , hopefully to be added at a later date ?Engine out selection on the VNAV cruise for example isn’t implemented, neither is the TOGA reference line on the HUD, which is used on every take off in real life so should really be there in my view.

Overall I love the QW 78, and love flying it and for it’s price I think it’s a real bargain considering it’s depth compared to other models.

• Like 10

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I've read that those with Navigraph subscriptions are having issues with the EFB and the charts displaying? Saying they are seeing just a white screen on the EFB?

Eric 

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I've read that those with Navigraph subscriptions are having issues with the EFB and the charts displaying? Saying they are seeing just a white screen on the EFB?

Just did a flight a little while ago with the new update, no issues here, Navigraph charts are working fine for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffLewis4 said:

Just did a flight a little while ago with the new update, no issues here, Navigraph charts are working fine for me.

Awesome, thanks for the update. So tempting to call in sick tomorrow to fly her....

Eric 

30 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So tempting to call in sick tomorrow to fly her....

you see eric now youre thinking like a true pilot.   when did you last call in sick?  I mean if it was more than twice in the last 6 months you could revert to Pilot SOP v2.3c and call in fatigue for it, espically if youve just had 2 weeks annual leave and its your first day back on.  now that would be realistic.  welcome to my world.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

I've read that those with Navigraph subscriptions are having issues with the EFB and the charts displaying? OkiSaying they are seeing just a white screen on the EFB?

Yes indeed. I have issues too with the blank NAVIGRAPH charts. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

just departed CYYZ,  flys alot better.  have not used the navigraph chart thing.

does the tight turns better.  lets see how i feel in  9 hours time 🙂 

14ppkc-6.png

45 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

In your main P3d root folder delete the QW Navigraph key and let it rebuild a new one. qwnvgsettings.cfg

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

The desktop charts are doing the same thing.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

The desktop charts are doing the same thing.

What you mean exactly with "Desktop Charts"?

Do you mean running the "Navigraph Desktop Application" does not show any Chart. so just shows something "Blank"? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png