Sign in to follow this  
RW1

QualityWings Ultimate 787 1.4 Update

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I feel with you and also having fun. Especially since the EFB update. It's great to use the moving map for example. This raises immersion. And I like the huge cockpit and displays a lot. 

no issues with external lights ?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

53 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe

Like you said Michael. They are a bit too soft and they could be illuminated a bit more. QW has never bin so strong on the lighting configurations of the QW787. But I can life with this as I mostly fly VR and I use very rare the outside views.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Like you said Michael. They are a bit too soft and they could be illuminated a bit more. QW has never bin so strong on the lighting configurations of the QW787. But I can life with this as I mostly fly VR and I use very rare the outside views.

Thanks for the reply but i have 5 percent landing , taxi etc.  compared to version before so i cant see anything from the VC. :-)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

47 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks for the reply but i have 5 percent landing , taxi etc.  compared to version before so i cant see anything from the VC. 🙂

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

Michael. Search the effect files from QW in the root Effect directory of P3D. There are several files with quite reconizable names in there. Like Beacon, Landing...etc. you can backup them and play with the values. Search the value names in the P3D SDK description of the learning center. It's not that complex. You will find the values to turn up the brightness. I am not at my desk....but I'm sure you will handle it. 

It's really worth a try. I did it myself without any knowledge. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 4/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, Michael Moe said:

Otherwise its super stable (Trueglass/Reallight gives me device_hang_error when using cloud shadows in P3dv5.1)

Michael Moe  

The latest versions should have fixed the crashing issue, after updating Trueglass I have had no issues. Try reinstalling?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

15 hours ago, TurboKen said:

The latest versions should have fixed the crashing issue, after updating Trueglass I have had no issues. Try reinstalling?

the hang error is not present when shadows is off , installed twice as with the maddog also.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Another question or two on the QW 787.

What are people using as the Dispatching tool? Is it the QW 787 stand-alone utility that you use for fuel and payload setting before launching the sim or the Dispatcher app within the EFB?

I started using the former but I ran into a problems where the CG It had calculated resulted in a trim setting of about 2.5 ANU which was at the extreme end of the scale but still in the green band. But on take off the config warnings sounded for improper trim setting. Note I had clicked and updated the CG FMC to confirm the CG and trim value after GSX had loaded all passengers and fuel was already on board.

Is it better to use the Dispatcher app from within the EFB for this?

What process do you use based on a Simbrief OFP (I love that app!) and what weights do you enter in which of the Dispatching tools?

Another question when using QW 787 with GSX.

Is there any "real time" synch between the passengers boarding from GSX and setting the # of passengers in the Dispatcher tool?

There doesnt appear to a progressive boarding option that GSX can work with on this aircraft as opposed to the Aerosoft A3xx where there is a synch between the increasing # of passengers GSX boards while in the MCDU the progressive count of boarding passengers is shown.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 4/4/2021 at 10:21 AM, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe

When you say external lights do you mean all lights, wing marker lights or landing lights on the runway as you land?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

7 hours ago, TurboKen said:

When you say external lights do you mean all lights, wing marker lights or landing lights on the runway as you land?

Taxi and landing lights but also navigation and strobe is not working (reflection is really bad)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Greetings to all and good health.

Aircraft: QW B787 (all versions)

I have noticed that when the autothrottler is deactivated during a final approach without an autopilot the engines rev up to the level where I applied the TOGA during takeoff. What causes an increase or decrease in the power of engines very different from what we are carrying.

Have you noticed that, has it happened to you, any solution in this regard ????

Thanks and happy flight

I have never seen the behavior you described, for what it's worth.  My first thought is what kind of physical throttles do you have setup.  I figure the issue is whatever you have set to that axis.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, Michael Moe said:

Taxi and landing lights but also navigation and strobe is not working (reflection is really bad)

Michael Moe

So just for fun last night I uninstalled, deleted shaders and reinstalled QW787 into P3D V4 and V5 as I use both for different scenery choices and honestly I thought the aircraft lighting in both sims looked fine except the main front landing lights are very weak. I saw zero reflection issues or any other problems. Then I installed the Parallel42 787 enhancement package and enjoyed a flight. 

ohh and to the people complaining about the refresh rate of the displays, they seem no different then the aircraft on MSFS. They are not liquid smooth but smooth enough.

Edited by TurboKen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/10/2021 at 12:11 AM, jon b said:

In European and other world airspace, no ATC speed restriction means high speed below 10,000ft is approved.

That was also most used in the blue 747 😉

André

Not sure if this was posted but if you finds the 787 taxi and landing lights too dim, there is a fix here. Works great. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, awf said:

That was also most used in the blue 747 😉

Good man 👍

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.