Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Performance difference with OpenXR / Internal render scaling

Hello,

FYI I noticed that when I use OpenXR render scaling I obtain almost 20% worse performances without any perceivable graphics quality benefit.

I.e. in the same conditions (a flight started over Milan with default settings and C172 G1000, clear sky):

- OpenXR 70% - In sim 100%: 33 fps

- OpenXR 100% - In sim 70%: 40 fps

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

yeah I'm the same. It's unfortunate that the cockpit gauges lose clarity when in game render scaling goes below 100 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I don't know how I managed to keep every scaler at 100%, decent middle-ish settings, full lod and still get 30 fps with my setup, I'm keeping my breath, anything could ruin this balance.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

I run scale at 100 in both sim and openXR. Pretty high settings too. Using 3090. Seems to work ok for me. In GA and in airliners. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:46 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I run scale at 100 in both sim and openXR. Pretty high settings too. Using 3090. Seems to work ok for me. In GA and in airliners. 

Not surprised with a 3090. 

Keith Sandford.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Same for me, fluid with these settings . And I also have a 3090. That seems logical.

But:

Today I tried with 100%TAA and 70% OXR and motion reprojection ON and that results in WORSE performance ( I assumed better performance but worse graphics): FS does I would not call it stutter, but kind of fluid movement and every half second a tiny shift of the image of the scenery (stuttering for me is: a set of these tiny shifts directly after each other , something like as if making this sound equivalent pu-pu-pu-pu-pu , instead of bzzzzzzz pu bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pu (bzz then represents fluid motion). I can not explain better.

I test on ORBX Wycomb Airpark and native KSEA. CJ4 and JF Piper Arrow.

BTW I have HAGS ON, 465.89 driver and Windows 10 21H1 update. I9 10900K (I thought I updated my signature).

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)