Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
psolk

QW 787 V 1.4 update...

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Just installed the QW 787 1.4 update and it appears to have broken the EFB and CDU functionality with the EFB and CDU...   I just get connected with a blank screen since the update


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, psolk said:

Hello,

Just installed the QW 787 1.4 update and it appears to have broken the EFB and CDU functionality with the EFB and CDU...   I just get connected with a blank screen since the update

Hi Paul,

can you please raise this with the folks over at QW?

Obviously, nothing changed on my end...

Hopefully they can get it resolved quickly - and it would help if all affected customers would raise this with them.


Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marcom said:

Hi Paul,

can you please raise this with the folks over at QW?

Obviously, nothing changed on my end...

Hopefully they can get it resolved quickly - and it would help if all affected customers would raise this with them.

Will do!  Didn't know if there was something that needed to be updated on the aviaworx side for compatibility

-TY!


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Update:  Could be the High Res displays...  Just disabled them in the QW config tool and everything is working again.  Will update them.  

 

Update 2: Enabled High res and it is still working.  Must have been a hiccup on this side.  I apologize.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, psolk said:

Update:  Could be the High Res displays...  Just disabled them in the QW config tool and everything is working again.  Will update them.  

 

Update 2: Enabled High res and it is still working.  Must have been a hiccup on this side.  I apologize.  

Hi,

I've the same issue and changing VC resolution didn't seem to solve anything... The CDU is connected but no display nor key action. The fact is I had to rebuild my FSUIPC mouse macros after this update meaning that some VC gauges have changed.

Skip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could join here with the same issues as Skip.

I am running the latest ver of QW787 1.4 with P3Dv5.1

All I get of the CDU is the left hand keyboard with no keys etc.

I have gone through the actions listed with the Dispatcher and high res indication, with no results.

I agree with Skip re FSUIPC settings.  I too, had to redo mine so QW have definitely done some work with the gauges on the 1.4 update.

This might help you to troubleshoot the issue, Mark.

Happy to send logfiles, if this helps.

Cheers

Jock


Jock McIntyre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jockos said:

If I could join here with the same issues as Skip.

I am running the latest ver of QW787 1.4 with P3Dv5.1

All I get of the CDU is the left hand keyboard with no keys etc.

I have gone through the actions listed with the Dispatcher and high res indication, with no results.

I agree with Skip re FSUIPC settings.  I too, had to redo mine so QW have definitely done some work with the gauges on the 1.4 update.

This might help you to troubleshoot the issue, Mark.

Happy to send logfiles, if this helps.

Cheers

Jock

Folks, as much as I want to help you, this really needs to reach the awareness of QW.

They need to see this is not a one-off situation so they can investigate the situation.

So please raise tickets as paying customers and of course you can refer to this thread.

I will also follow-up from my end, but we need your assistance.

Mark


Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark

After our lodging reports to QW Tech Support of the issue, Lars has responded with:-

Please try the following:

 
Navigate to 
\Prepar3D v5\QualityWings\Redistributables\
and run the following file: 
Crash_Reporting_v1.4.0_P3Dv5.exe
 
(it will be a hidden installation and not give you any kind of feedback but should be done within a few seconds)
 
Please let me know if RemoteCDU works afterwards.
 
Thanks,
Lars
 
These actions have been successful for me.
Cheers
Jock

Jock McIntyre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jockos said:

Mark

After our lodging reports to QW Tech Support of the issue, Lars has responded with:-

Please try the following:

 
Navigate to 
\Prepar3D v5\QualityWings\Redistributables\
and run the following file: 
Crash_Reporting_v1.4.0_P3Dv5.exe
 
(it will be a hidden installation and not give you any kind of feedback but should be done within a few seconds)
 
Please let me know if RemoteCDU works afterwards.
 
Thanks,
Lars
 
These actions have been successful for me.
Cheers
Jock

Thanks a lot Jock for providing this valuable feedback. Hopefully it will help other pilots as well!

Best regards

Mark


Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it didn't work for me 😞

 


Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...