Sign in to follow this  
chros

Gold Coast Australia

HI, From reading the posts I gather everyone is experienced in flight sim. I'm not. So are there  any members of AVSIM living on the Gold Coast in Australia who would be willing to assist me please? Not sure about contact procedure but can give it a try. Cheers

Chros,

I do not live there but if your question is a general one, I, or someone else, may be able to help you.

By the way, a BIG (see other topic) welcome to AVSIM and to all its wonders. I hope your tenure here is a happy one.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Welcome,what is your question there are plenty here that will be willing to help

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, chros said:

So are there  any members of AVSIM living on the Gold Coast in Australia

That resembles me. Send me a personal message on what kind of help you might need. If I think I can help I'll give you my mobile number for a chat.

Cheers.

howevr

Hi All, thanks for the replies. to answer the first two my situation is this; complete novice! Just been given an older Saitek used set of peals, yoke, and instrument panels. Can take off but when I get to cruising altitude the plane veers sharp right or left and becomes  Cessna 152.

To howevr my no is [removed by moderator]. I will be away for the next couple of days but happy to talk. Cheers

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Phone number removed

Hi Chros, maybe remove your phone number so you don't get scammed by someone prowling forums for contacts etc. Folks will message you privately on here to help and you can share your contact details in private 🙂

In Aus this is working the other way too, where people on various forums like Gumtree are requesting help in an attempt to harvest people's personal details for cold calling and scams. Kind people have contacted them, the person says they no longer need help or caller leaves a message and name, then everyone who contacted and tried to help conveniently gets a call from Assad offering them a better deal on their electricity and / or telephone plan. 

If you are sincere, please don't take this personally and I hope you get some assistance, it's just that's it's happening a lot lately, and probably will get worse as the economic wheels slowly fall off.

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dogmanbird said:

Hi Chros, maybe remove your phone number so you don't get scammed by someone prowling forums for contacts etc. Folks will message you privately on here to help and you can share your contact details in private 🙂

In Aus this is working the other way too, where people on various forums like Gumtree are requesting help in an attempt to harvest people's personal details for cold calling and scams. Kind people have contacted them, the person says they no longer need help or caller leaves a message and name, then everyone who contacted and tried to help conveniently gets a call from Assad offering them a better deal on their electricity and / or telephone plan. 

If you are sincere, please don't take this personally and I hope you get some assistance, it's just that's it's happening a lot lately, and probably will get worse as the economic wheels slowly fall off.

good  point  about  the  phone  quickest  way  to  get  the phone  removed  is  to  report  the  post  and  mentioned  the  phone  than the  mod  will remove  the  phone  link.  I  just  did  so hopefully  it  will get  removed  soon

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

@chros, I have edited your post and removed your phone number. Not a good idea on a website. Send a private message with your phone number if you wish to communicate that way.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

In Aus this is working the other way too... then everyone who contacted and tried to help conveniently gets a call from Assad offering them a better deal on their electricity and / or telephone plan. 

You get calls from Syria’s pres offering you telephone deals?? I mean, I guess their economy is in pretty bad shape right now.

If Bashar calls again, say hi from me, and ask him how much he can do an Aero L-39 for. If he’s really offering bargain deals, I could possibly stretch to afford a MiG-23. Let me know what he says.

(Also, check if there’s a discount for Flight Sim Association members. Ta!)

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks folks, how do I go about messaging privately on the forum? Ta!

Click on the person's name (e.g.Chros) and the screen will show a box "message".

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Thanks everybody, back in town and reading some of the posts. Will fire up the beast and redo some of the settings. Cheers