Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Not As Docile As Claimed

Bought the PC-12 on Saturday and here are my troubles. 

Fly it by the numbers and still having difficulty with approach and landing. Four landings now and the first two went off the end of a 4750 foot runway. STOL? The brakes are not represented very effectively. Third landing was good. Only needed half the runway.  A fourth one just today the aircraft yawned left just before the mains touched and I went off the runway. Seems to bleed speed off very slowly also. 

One reviewer said it's nearly easy as a Skyhawk. I'm not sure about that. I had better performance even with the other turbine single, the TBM 850 

23 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

The brakes are not represented very effectively.

Have you tried reverse thrust?

Bert

I haven't on this. I will study that out. I have an unregistered fsuipc so I never set up my CH detects for that. Never needed to. Even with a King Air, and I have three versions, default, Friendly Panels upgrade, Carenado. Actually four counting the Carenado Blackhawk upgrade I found. Never an approach or rollout problem. I do better approaches with my Premier even. I will try reverse. 

Of course, I am running Accufeel now to. The PC-12 is the only non-A2A model I've flown since Christmas. Been flying the V35 a lot and the A2A Skylanevand Commanche. They are great. V35 the best.

Edited by Gary1124

3 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I have an unregistered fsuipc so I never set up my CH detects for that.

Just push the F2 key and keep holding it down.

Bert

I am running Accufeel also on my PC12.  I am using registered copy of FSUIPC with reverse set up.  Hardly ever have to use it. Land Flaps 40 at about 80 kts pull power back and very seldom use brake. The PC12 is one of my goto A/C. I use FSX and have Bert's MOD install with F1 GTN 750 and works great.

Dick

And, you have to remember that FSX/P3d don't properly model turboprop physics. I can testify that once you pull the power to idle on the real Pc-12, the prop acts like a solid disc making drag; we just don't get that in P3d unless it's an external flight model like the Majestic Dash 8. 🙂

Edited by rightseat
grammar

I think I finally learned how to model reverse on my CH Quadrant. I have to calibrate in the control manager and activate the rear slot buttons. 

Then I go into FSX calibration and select CH Quadrant, keys, engine, and the rear slot buttons should be available. I can set f2 repeat on throttle and get reverse on jet or turbine and f2 non repeat for prop to feather. Not proper physics but better.