Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

justsim Rhodes

18 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

I think there is a config setting you can change for that , I can't remember exactly , but stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago 

Any information is much appreciated.

following this https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137112 and others ive changed DETAIL_TEXTURE=1 , its located under [TERRAIN) section of the CFG , worth a shot 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

3 hours ago, sonny147 said:

ive changed DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

I had a look but in my cfg this was already set to 1. Thanks anyway.

I finally received a reply from Justsim today (9 weeks later). Apparently the SimMarket installer (which is faulty) will be updated with a working version 'soon'. In the meantime I was provided with a download link for the missing textures. I installed them and it fixed the 3D grass but still no runway approach or centre lighting and no taxi way green centre lighting - is this correct for Rhodes? I would have thought not. Anyway a step forwards I suppose.

I appreciate this is an old topic but after experiencing the red X due to a missing SODE grass object I downloaded Rhodes again from SimMarket.

When I saw the version number was still 1.0 I wasn't confident but lo and behold the 3D grass is now present and runway approach lighting is present.

The relevant files are present in the SODE\SimObjects\LGRP folder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 8/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I appreciate this is an old topic but after experiencing the red X due to a missing SODE grass object I downloaded Rhodes again from SimMarket.

When I saw the version number was still 1.0 I wasn't confident but lo and behold the 3D grass is now present and runway approach lighting is present.

The relevant files are present in the SODE\SimObjects\LGRP folder.

I downloaded Justsim Rhodes in 2018 and today. It's still the very same file according to filesize 498'827 KB, Version 1.0.0.0

It really seems an unsuccessful install, if you get red X's.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

16 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I downloaded Justsim Rhodes in 2018 and today. It's still the very same file according to filesize 498'827 KB, Version 1.0.0.0

It really seems an unsuccessful install, if you get red X's.

Do you have a LGRP folder in your SODE structure?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do you have a LGRP folder in your SODE structure?

Sorry can't answer you this. While checking I saw, I have the Justsim version replaced with the FSDG version of Rhodes on my system. I had checked on the simmarket library first and there I only found the Justsim one, making me think I have this installed. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@blaunarwal, I forgot there was another version of Rhodes. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

56 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@blaunarwal, I forgot there was another version of Rhodes. 😁

I even have three, GAP (Greek Airport Project), Justsim and FSDG. Searching Rhodes gives me just the two first on Simmarket app. Searching german Rhodos, I get only the FSDG one. But it's called Rhodes too 😁

But one thing is sure. FSDG is the best and last scenery of Rhodes you can get for P3D. There's a reason I replaced the Justsim one only one year later.

Edited by blaunarwal

4 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

But one thing is sure. FSDG is the best and last scenery of Rhodes you can get for P3D. There's a reason I replaced the Justsim one only one year later.

It’s daft having three versions of Rhodes airport available. How much difference can there be for such a small airport?

I’m happy with the JustSim version. I trust you’re happy with the FSDG one. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s daft having three versions of Rhodes airport available.

Well that happened over years, first one for FSX, then one "wrong" buy (Justsim) and then the better with FSDG, which was compatible for P3D4 and now also is for v5.