Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

Download of update when fine. Downloading in Content manager froze MSFS. Scared to force close it, but looking like no other choice. May just go out and have lunch and come back and see where it's at.

Well, that didn't work. Had to force stop it. Rebooted computer and fired up MSFS and now downloading the complete update again (had already got through that part before). Hopefully, once it's finished the updates in content manager go smoothly this time.

• Like 2

James

I installed the 1GB store update, then got the update in the sim for about 7GB, then when I exited and rebooted and came back to the sim, I got another prompt to install another 1.49GB that says it's 1.14.5.

Any idea what this second 1.49GB update is?

1 minute ago, neil0311 said:

Any idea what this second 1.49GB update is?

The FSX liveries. They were mistakenly not included in the initial update.

pOWV5HJ.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Sorry, did the release notes say it was mandatory to read this entire thread?

No, only logic dictates that.

• Like 3

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Well, that didn't work. Had to force stop it. Rebooted computer and fired up MSFS and now downloading the complete update again (had already got through that part before). Hopefully, once it's finished the updates in content manager go smoothly this time.

This is the first disaster... for me

I had installed the sim in D:\MSFS\ folder

Now when it wanted reinstall the whole thing it was defaulting to C drive I changed it to d: drive but it would not let me pick my folder MSFS, so now I think its installing its own D:\WindowsApps which I don't seem to have access. Sigh! 164GB to go? WTH! 

I would now have to undo this again and do a clen install all over again the way I had organized.  This is going to be a 3 day exercise.  I thought I had figured this sim.  I can't trust MS/ASOBO anymore. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Wasn't sim update 3 supposed to include fixes for live weather and wind speed/direction?

Exactly! What happened to that?!

• Like 3

It seems that the stuff in content manager was the aviators liveries (the FSX ones installed beforehand). Did they change something in the aviators liveries to cause them to have to update again?

James

I had a 300mb or so download in Steam. Then into the sim for a 7,97GB update. Rebooted as a standard procedure and started the sim, only to be presented with another 1,49GB update. Checked Content Manager and everything is Up to Date. Nothing to download there. Checked A320 liveries and Orbit, World Travel etc are all there. Sim version1.14.5.0. All seems ok....

So I got the liveries in one of the two main loading screen updates. Seems we are getting these updates in quite different ways???

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Contrails are not good, yet. As can be seen in the picture below...

https://ibb.co/ts0NqwL

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Someone had posted earlier how to do a complete reinstall the most efficient way.  Like if you had a backed up folder how to retrieve it..etc

Anyone know where that post/thread is?

Manny

5 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Exactly! What happened to that?!

Are you still seeing 3KT from 225?

I have done a quick test from 5 continents, and live weather seemed to work.

As I said this was just a quick test where I loaded up on different runways.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

This is the first disaster... for me

Sorry Manny! I would think about starting fresh. Don’t let the sim dictate where you install it. File protection issues and those outrageously long, stupid folder names are going to come back to haunt you.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

anybody else tried to move their drone cam in and around the contrails. it feels like its a 1:1 rip from fsx assets, a 2d image constantly turning to face you. kinda bugging me out considering we have stepped into the world of acceptable performing volumetric cloud coverage.

2 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Contrails are not good, yet. As can be seen in the picture below...

https://ibb.co/ts0NqwL

That's because they were just an image thrown together to say that they gave those wanting them contrails. I suspect it won't be until way in the future that we will see proper contrails that work for all planes, AI and multiplayer included. In fact, I suspect that it will be much further off now that they've thrown out this player plane only carrot.

James

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

Sorry Manny! I would think about starting fresh. Don’t let the sim dictate where you install it. File protection issues and those outrageously long, stupid folder names are going to come back to haunt you.

I stopped my reinstall of the sim... and trying to use a restore point to two days ago

Manny