Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder if it depends on your settings? I'm seeing screenshots on the Discord that don't have that issue.

My settings are high and the sim is fine with these settings. The contrails were strange.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Why would they do this on the same day as a big update?

Screenshot-224.png

James

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I had the same issue.. so I rebooted. It now took me to the store and then its asking me to reinstall the whole freaking sim.

If you say the sim isn't worth it why are you worried about that? Just use the one you think it's worth it.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Phantoms said:

There some bugs popped up (for some people it was telling them they were logged out when they weren't), this is emergency maintenance

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

There some bugs popped up (for some people it was telling them they were logged out when they weren't), this is emergency maintenance

+1 kept logging me out whilst i was reading patch notes earlier.

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

If you say the sim isn't worth it why are you worried about that? Just flight the one you think it's worth it.

I was being sarcastic you....

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Ok, emergency maintenance.

Yep, been getting logged out all day there.

James

17 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

I would much rather they slap those contrails on AI planes around me rather than myself. would probably making spotting them easier and give the sky abit of a cool feel especially in busy channels.

I asssume the reason why they haven't done that is exactly that solution with the 2D texture at its end. You don't notice that in spot view, but you would see it all around you if the AI used those contrails.

7 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Screenshot-224.png

Forum is working fine for me now.??

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When reinstalling, just point it to your earlier custom folder i...in my case d:\MSFS and it seems to pick up from there. Lets see

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

What are the key differences between the new one and the old one? 😉

Still away from my pc but what I'm reading on the forum:

I can change orientation on the G1000 (North Up, HGD up, etc) and select a waypoint on my flight plan, press the direct to button, and it will show on the activate direct to page.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

What are the key differences between the new one and the old one? 😉

I believe I can now alter the brightness. On a plus note the WT G1000 mod appears to still work (thank god!) 

So far in, the only thing better for me is the removal of the blue hue around  objects. Can’t really say it’s better or worse other than that. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2

Added wind display in G3X Touch in PFD or Splitted mode

Where ? I don't see any wind indicator on the G3X display after the update ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Manny said:

When reinstalling, just point it to your earlier custom folder i...in my case d:\MSFS and it seems to pick up from there. Lets see

Always make sure you check that before hitting the "update" button Manny...! Have a custom install location and almost stumbled into that too...

• Like 1