Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Hadn't realised that was mandatory either. Wow, you learn something every day.

It's the least one can expect from anyone participating in a forum. Not doing it is like coming up to a meeting without any preparation and then just asking questions that are clearly explained on the whiteboard for everybody to see.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Manny said:

Don't know. 🙂

I have the same processor.  Heat is the key and motherboard controls that drive throttling.  Intel is trying to protect you 🙂 

7 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

I have the same processor.  Heat is the key and motherboard controls that drive throttling.  Intel is trying to protect you 🙂 

You think it should be running at 5.3ghz? I have the D15 cooler. I checked the temps, its in the 70s at its peak  If i remember last time I checked.

When I boot up, it tells me I;ve overclocked it by 23% or something.. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is there still the issue where when you key in an approach while the aircraft is on autopilot, it routes back to the previous waypoint?

So inexcusible if it is

30 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Is there still the issue where when you key in an approach while the aircraft is on autopilot, it routes back to the previous waypoint?

Yep, still happens.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

It's the least one can expect from anyone participating in a forum. Not doing it is like coming up to a meeting without any preparation and then just asking questions that are clearly explained on the whiteboard for everybody to see.

So where in the rules does it explain that we have to prepare to pist onto the forum as if we are coming to a meeting?  I for one, use quute a number of forums and certainly don't have the time to read each thread in its entirety, some threads amounting to hundreds of pages, before posting.  What I will normally do is read the last page or to as I suspect do most others, so let than be an end to it please.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

15 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well I just fully updated, rebooted, checked settings, and did my first and usual test flight between Sedona and Flagstaff, scattered clouds, and late afternoon sun to generate a few shadows. I checked MSFS had not changed my settings, but I never normally get that anyway, and even my user config file had remembered shadows at 4k and zero sharpening, so all good there.

I am happy to report that I had no issues (community C152), and performance was still stunning for me.  I still have my new setting of in-sim Vsync set at 30, and it is still great and silky smooth.

I also noticed a Kenmore C152 in there when I picked the C152! :biggrin:  So all good here up to now. 

The runway at Flagstaff was still fixed, which means performance was excellent (used to stutter badly when it had the black lines / fractures across it). 
Also, flaps seem alright and I greased every landing I attempted, so no complaints from me (I know the C152 is easy though!) 

I need to do a few more of my usual 'after-update' test flights but all good up to now.  I can now buy my Spitfire, the JF Arrow (tomorrow), and maybe even the Goshawk!  My credit card will be on fire! :biggrin:

For those having issues, it could be a 3rd party addon not playing nicely, or some settings have been changed by the update.  I have everything back in my Community folder (including the TBM, which was just updated to work again).
I am holding off on Wycombe airfield as a performance problem was reported with that, but I will test it myself later.

Other things working for me: -

FS Blog tree mod - all still to the horizon!  (Note, there is a new version 3 of this over on the site).   I am reassessing this after doing a test flight in the Alps.  Tree distance does look shorter, and the trees even look different.
Toolbar handle remover (the white thing at the top of the screen when you move your mouse).
The instrument toggle in outside view (hidden HUD) .
VR VFR map (which is great, and better than the default map).  By the way, this was loading the map really quickly on scrolling.  It seemed to have lag before.
Propeller mods for virtually all default prop aircraft (more transparent and less stroby).

Other notes, I found the new fauna setting in the 'traffic' menu.  I guess it adjusts how many animals you get.
I saw the aircraft customisations, but haven't tried them yet.
Load times seem a bit quicker again, and quick between menus - maybe because a few things get refreshed.

Also, for the first time I tried rudder assistance in the sim (it only works while wheels are on the ground).  It's great and has really enhanced my enjoyment of the sim. 
The plane still moves about a little but it is much easier to correct and keep straight down the runway. 
You can also hold the nose off on landing without weaving all over the place, and on take of, as it hops up, it does a lovely little weather-vane into the wind - it feels great! 
So go on - don't let your pilot pride get the better of you, give it a try!  I am loving it, better than the unrealistic reaction wind on the ground, which has been really spoiling it for me - we all know reaction to wind on the ground is a bit broken, so it is acceptable to turn it off I think.   Anyway, back to more testing....

Nice to read some positive feedback instead of the woe is me rants about contrails not being perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The only thing I noticed yesterday, and it may have always been there, is for about 1 to  2 seconds, I saw a small spinning circle in the lower right of the screen. It look like a round  whitish cursor that you get when something is loading in windows. Only happened once on a one hour flight, and never happened again on that flight. Didn't seem to have any effect on smoothness. Anyone else notice this? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The only thing I noticed yesterday, and it may have always been there, is for about 1 to  2 seconds, I saw a spinning circle in the lower right of the screen. It look like a round  whitish cursor that you get when something is loading in windows. Only happened once on a one hour flight, and never happened again on that flight. Didn't seem to have any effect on smoothness. Anyone else notice this? 

Yes Bob. It comes and goes and is fairly useless. It could be removed or just limited to dev mode or something.  Seems to vary a lot. Some flights next to nothing, others it is there spinning quite a lot!  Scenery complexity seems to have no bearing on it.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

57 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

So inexcusible if it is

I don't see this, but I use Avliasoft EFB on every flight. A nice feature,is when I am flying the Mooney with the G530, and I approach an airport, I select the approach I want on the EFB screen ( it shows all available approaches for your destination), and the waypoints for the approach are automatically put into the 530. One click, and a perfect approach is the result. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

You think it should be running at 5.3ghz? I have the D15 cooler. I checked the temps, its in the 70s at its peak  If i remember last time I checked.

When I boot up, it tells me I;ve overclocked it by 23% or something.. LOL 🙂

Also the boost is not all cores just core 0

Anyone else had this issue and found a cure for it?

As seen below, when launching MSFS to download and install Sim Update 3, I'm told I don't have enough space even when I have 1.66 TB free on the disk where MSFS is installed.

prsK4G8.jpg

Richard Åsberg

I'm having bizarre utilization issues, ones I've never had before. I was sitting at a low scenery airport on the runway aircraft running in the stock 172 with no mods or addons. Usually I'd be 50-60fps but it was hovering around 22-25fps. I left it for a good 3 minutes or so and monitored the task manager. GPU util was stuck around 40-50%. I paused for a second and then went back into the game..and all of a sudden GPU util shot back up to 99-100% and my frames were back. I took off, all seemed good for a few minutes. Silky smooth...over a photogrammetry area, and then bam, GPU utilization back to 40-50% again and frames down to mid 20s and quite stuttery. This went on for another 2-3 minutes and then out of nowhere GPU util shot back to 99-100 and the frames came back. This has def never been an issue prior to the patch yesterday. Anyone have similar experience? Running a Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2700 super 32Gb mostly high settings with some low. Cheers

14 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Quelqu'un d'autre a eu ce problème et a trouvé un remède pour cela?

Comme on le voit ci-dessous, lors du lancement de MSFS pour télécharger et installer Sim Update 3, on me dit que je n'ai pas assez d'espace même si j'ai 1,66 To d'espace libre sur le disque sur lequel MSFS est installé.

prsK4G8.jpg

Clear your installation path and recreate it by pressing "browse". If this does not work close your sim and restart your pc and MSFS.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

@guibru Thanks buddy, you were spot on!

I actually found the reason for this error message myself moments ago.

The culprit wasn't not enough free disk space like the error message suggested but rather how the path was not correct. Reason for this was I changed my account name as well as the name of my account folder the other day. When I recently did a fresh install of Windows, it automatically created a user (and user data folder) called 'Richa' rather than my full name 'Richard'. Which didn't look very nice. Which is why I changed it.

Problem now when updating MSFS was how InstalledPackagesPath in C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt pointed to the old folder name.

So, it was pointing to

C:\Users\Richa\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

rather than

C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

After changing the path to the correct folder name, I was able to proceed with the update.

My own fault obviously but would have helped if the error message said the path didn't exist rather than saying the culprit was not enough disk space...

• Like 3

Richard Åsberg