Sign in to follow this  
powlcown

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Prop controls

I have a problem with The Seminole P44 in MSFS2020. When engines are shut down the props keeping spinning. I'm using a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and have tried a number of different settings in the prop controls such as prop decrease and prop feather etc. Anyone else have this and if so how did you solve it? Thank you in advance.

What steps are you taking to shut down the engines?  Have you tried shutting them down with use of your mouse to isolate the issue to the settings you have selected for the Bravo?  Just use the mouse to pull the mixture levers to the full lean position.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you for your response to my problem. Yes I have also tried pulling the prop levers down with my mouse but no difference unfortunately. Have been looking at FS forum and it seems a general problem and a ticket has been submitted to Asobo. We will see!

How are you shutting down the Seminole's engines? Why would you use the prop control at all?  You kill the engines by starving them of fuel by pulling back the mixture controls. That;s how you stop the engines in most GA prop aircraft. 

Why the prop controls? They change the prop pitch, they do not shut down the engines.  And I believe you cannot feather props at idle on the ramp anyway.  If you want to stop the engines at the end of the flight, pull the mixture controls full back. 

Yes I have always shut down engines (even in real aircraft) by leaning mixture control. I might have been misunderstood. The props kept turning in sim even after having shutdown. I was asking why prop control was not then feathering. Anyway since then I have been fiddling with controls in sim and have solved my problem.

Thank you for your response. Happy flying.