Sign in to follow this  
Jaxsimmer

This Forum is like one of my favorite movies!

I love to come on AVSIM to read about MSFS, because it reminds me of a couple of of my favorite movies of all time...starring Walter Matthou and Tony Randall.

Grumpy Old Men, and...

Grumpier Old Men.

Too bad there is no Anne-Margret to be found here. 😆

Bennett

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

OK. Great thanks! :mellow:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Oh right... forgot... we can only write positive things about the sim.

Anyway kudos to people who can fly the sim and not find any faults!

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Reminds me of the movie "Its a mad mad mad mad world".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I used to lurk here years ago. When msfs came out I joined. Figured I was old and crotchety enough now.

• Like 5

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

Just trying to add some levity to all the doom and gloom. I am so fortunate. The thing just seems to run pretty well on my system. And I am no spring chicken, I've been an IT vendor selling MS products since the early days of the company, and go back on AVSIM to the iFLY stuff. I loved that program.

• Like 1

You think this is bad don't read over at the the official MSFS forums. Nothing wrong with some negativity as long as it is constructive but some here are pretty blatant about it.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

Think this is bad, just wait for the DX12 update 😉

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I appreciate all the devs hard work (been there) and don't feel entitled.

Regards

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I am thinking they are busting their tails trying to get the Xbox release ready so they can start generating some real money to fund the long term development of this project. No way you could fund a project this massive with a couple hundred developers and management from the relatively few, scrappy hard core PC simmers out there. Unless this is going to be a pet project of upper management as a technology showcase and flagship and they don't care if it loses or makes money in the long run. But I suspect that isn't the case.

7 minutes ago, Jaxsimmer said:

I am thinking they are busting their tails trying to get the Xbox release ready so they can start generating some real money to fund the long term development of this project. No way you could fund a project this massive with a couple hundred developers and management from the relatively few, scrappy hard core PC simmers out there. Unless this is going to be a pet project of upper management as a technology showcase and flagship and they don't care if it loses or makes money in the long run. But I suspect that isn't the case.

To some extent I think it is intended to be a poster child for the Xbox gamepass marketing model (monthly sub plus optionally pay extra for specific DLC like the current premium packs) but you are right they are still not going to wear a half billion a year shortfall as a "loss leader" .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bugbee said:

My other all time favorite!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bugbee said:

And how long you have been here? same goes for the OP.

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter