Sign in to follow this  
MM

Awful Awful Awful

On 3/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, fppilot said:

Jim, Join me for a cup of coffee at my local airport, KESN in Easton, Maryland.........   It is a significant regional GA airport/jetport with a great cafe that is perfect for $100 hamburger or pancake runs...  Oh! In real life!

Frank I forgot to ask you:  did you submit a bug yet?  I keep meaning to recommend the bug site https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000120251

I ask because there's a large GA airport just to the north of Minneapolis here that has the same problem as yours - no 3d buildings except the tower.  It makes no sense why Azure would miss it too....the aerial is super clear.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Frank I forgot to ask you:  did you submit a bug yet?  I keep meaning to recommend the bug site https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000120251

I ask because there's a large GA airport just to the north of Minneapolis here that has the same problem as yours - no 3d buildings except the tower.  It makes no sense why Azure would miss it too....the aerial is super clear.

Same here. Aerial of Easton looks OK as well.  Was down there today.  It is a bustling airport with significant corporate and charter jet traffic.  Yes. I did submit a bug to zendesk.  That was in September.  Received auto reply "we will look into it".   Have found some other afflicted airports as well.  I believe it was KCTJ at Carrolton, Georgia, just west of Atlanta. and KIGQ at Lansing, Illinois, just south of Chicago.  Found one in south central Texas but do not recall specifically which one it was.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well....as long as MSFS has such unexpected surprises and no ability to simulate a flight......I will still stay with my real simulator. 

M.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

29 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Well....as long as MSFS has such unexpected surprises and no ability to simulate a flight.

Yeah none of the other options like XP11 or P3D have those lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 2/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Boeing_Driver said:

Is the VNAV functional in the TBM with the mods?

Edited by wlix261

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

I sense a degree of sarcasm from some people when they read reports that criticise certain aspects of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Maybe a degree of understanding would be preferable, instead of treating them with thinly veiled contempt?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I sense a degree of sarcasm from some people when they read reports that criticise certain aspects of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Maybe a degree of understanding would be preferable, instead of treating them with thinly veiled contempt?

If you meant me Christoph...?

I really try this MSFS a lot. But what bothers me, is that every time they update the sim, the really critical things aren´t fixed or something else broke.

I was not sarcastic. I honestly meant what I wrote! I paid for this simulator! As everyone else too. And after this months of struggle, incl ALPHA it is almost a year, I am loosing trust and getting a little upset.

This should not bother you. If it did, sorry for that. Honestly sorry! 

I would also like to get a "small degree" for having this. 

Yesterday I flew and saw terrain issues (again), like Patches witch don´t fit together, tree issues (still) and my list is long.

So maybe both sides have their honest views and feelings. Those who are pro MSFS could degree with those who want but can´t, and the other way around also!

Why is that strange or sarcasm?

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Fear not, Marcus. It was not you! It is the "OK, thanks for dropping by" type of responses that I am referring to.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Well how would you feel if you bought a new car and every time you started it, something else broke?

A 50,000$ new car I would probably return/trade it. A 60-120$ piece of software I would probably trash it and move on.

Edited by jbdbow1970

On 3/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Wait until you discover the scope of the long promised "Garmin update" 😉

Edit: maybe they forgot to include it as well... here is to hoping..

As to the Garmin and etc....

I think acquiring the entire Working Title Team should probably count as a very good sign of Asobos drive to improve.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

45 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

As to the Garmin and etc....

I think acquiring the entire Working Title Team should probably count as a very good sign of Asobos drive to improve.

I am sure we all share that expectation.. but we also expected Asobo to deliver in Sim update 3, and they didn't..

Bert

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776