Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.11.0 - CHARTS, VNAV WINDOW, DATALINK...

Hi all

This looks great.  Can't wait to download it this evening. 

Quick question though.  As someone that hasn't used navigraph charts before would I be right in thinking that it's the FMS Data subscription I would need @ €25.90 per annum and not the ultimate subscription @ €74.90.  I might be tempted at the lower price but don't want to end up with something that's not sufficient.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

Quick question though.  As someone that hasn't used navigraph charts before would I be right in thinking that it's the FMS Data subscription I would need @ €25.90 per annum and not the ultimate subscription @ €74.90.  I might be tempted at the lower price but don't want to end up with something that's not sufficient.

For charts you need the full subscription

3 hours ago, badger2000 said:

Charts are definitely more pricey than just the nav data, but I have to credit Navigraph for making a great API that allows (relatively) easy deployment, and for providing georeferenced charts to allow this feature to work. We do intend to incorporate the default charts when they become available as well down the road, but right now this was our best option. Note that you can just try it out for a month on the monthly plan instead of committing the the annual plan if you want to give it a go and see if it's worth it to you.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

9 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Hmmm, this one doesn't seem to be working for me...switched to the previous version which continues to work great.

Can you give some more details on this?

-Matt

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Charts are definitely more pricey than just the nav data, but I have to credit Navigraph for making a great API that allows (relatively) easy deployment, and for providing georeferenced charts to allow this feature to work. We do intend to incorporate the default charts when they become available as well down the road, but right now this was our best option. Note that you can just try it out for a month on the monthly plan instead of committing the the annual plan if you want to give it a go and see if it's worth it to you.

MS and Boeing (who now owns Foreflight and Jeppesen) are both based in Seattle. MSFS even features their aircraft in the game... Wouldn't it be fantastic if they could partner to get the chart/nav data in this thing? Seems like a no brainer given it is used natively in the Garmins featured in MSFS as well.

Pretty impressive Navigraph is so entrepreneurial and taking advantage of this opportunity.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Thanks for all your work..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Working Title CJ4 v0.11.1

Welcome to the Working Title CJ4 v0.11.1. This is a hotfix to address a few high-priority bugs with v0.11.0.

Download: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.11.1

Here's a video demoing the Charts functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZNqV-aCzGk

User Guide

The User Guide has been updated: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzxPMTSQRkvau8QOi7xUqNvjx9rbww_qHlso5AT5OnI/

Changes

• Fixed problem with FP SYNC option.
  • Addressed problems displaying VNAV TOD in certain circumstances.
  • Removed INOP tooltip from chart joystick.
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Charts are definitely more pricey than just the nav data

Here's a "simulation" aspect: as in real life there's a lot of costs adding to the price per hour in aviation. We are simulating worldwide IFR flights here, and you'll defintely need some sort of subscription for charts and avionics if you were doing these flights in real life. I just checked with Jeppesen and the worldwide annual service for digital charts will set you back 14.434,- US$ - and you can add a substantial amount for the aviation databases for your avionics. I guess Navigraph is making good money with their subscriptions, but they provide good value imho as you can use the subscription on the IPad, with SimBrief and several other applications like the CJ4 or the Milviz B350i (in P3D). As for the CJ4: I just tried the charts feature and it's working great - outstanding work!

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

This makes me want to get a charts sub from Navigraph.. oh, man this hobby is expensive.. :biggrin:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

-Matt

No but CONGRATULATIONS! You all deserve so much credit and have accomplished something really special. Great to see it being acknowledged this way. Keep it up guys!

Bravo Zulu

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

5 hours ago, MattNischan said:

-Matt

Weird. I deleted the original download and got another one, thinking maybe it had been corrupted the first time. I also started the aircraft from cold and dark, as opposed to on the runway.

Not sure which of those made the difference, but it's working great now;

3ld1lsdza0qintu4g.jpg

A huge and hearty thanks to the fantastic developers of this awesome mod. It's unbelievable that it's being offered at no cost.