Sign in to follow this  
zootsuit

Golden Age Simulations Kinner B-2 Sportwing - now free

I'm enjoying this aircraft. I'm currently flying the Route 66 flightplans on Flightsim.to. Very appropriate for this old bird, methinks. I do wish someone would make a few more liveries for it, though.

Is it perfect? No, but it's fun and the price is right.

I think, i will add it to my NeoFly-Fleet for tourist-tours !

BTW a nice moove from the developer to make this free: best advertisement for upcoming Stearman f.e. and turning the upcoming rage into an overall good mood.

SloMo

@ and if this bird feels nice, there will be a donation, and if it is just for encouraging other devs to take the same approach !

Edited by SloMo

19 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I was able to dump the chocks, but how did you get rid of the tie-downs?? Mine are quite persistant. - very embarrasing!

The control is hidden away in the task bar camera settings.

GAS published an entire video walkthrough showing all the aspects of the aircraft, so unlike say the Typhoon or the 737MAX....even the very first people to buy had the opportunity to know exactly what they were going to get.  So I found the reaction to it a bit extreme even to me. 

If a developer wants to do a portover of stuff from a prior sim and make a video showing people exactly what it is and then sell that, with full disclosure, I don't see any issue.  Showing 5 screenshots of the best angles on Simmarket when there are issues elsewhere, that's another story.....

With a little bit of PBR render pipeline magic ported models can look pretty good.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Actually, one of the models in the package looks to be a copy of an actual plane flown here in New England,  He got the basic layout pretty well but just too bad the resolution wasn't better.

LouP

Edited by LouP

1 hour ago, LouP said:

Actually, one of the models in the package looks to be a copy of an actual plane flown here in New England,  He got the basic layout pretty well but just too bad the resolution wasn't better.

LouP

but the video, just wow! what a beautiful plane.

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

but the video, just wow! what a beautiful plane.

Yes it is and deserving of a brush up on the textures inside!  It's already flying well and the panel layout looks accurate.

LouP

8 minutes ago, LouP said:

Yes it is and deserving of a brush up on the textures inside!  It's already flying well and the panel layout looks accurate.

LouP

LouP looks like the plane is no more availibel at payloadz and i cant find a new link at the forum, an help??

I'm enjoying this aircraft. I'm currently flying the Route 66 flightplans on Flightsim.to. Very appropriate for this old bird, methinks. I do wish someone would make a few more liveries for it, though.

Is it perfect? No, but it's fun and the price is right.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Real thing looks pretty maneuverable actually...

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The MSFS one seems to be based on this restored example, not the version for sale in that photo which presumably was a different variant of the B2:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2020/january/pilot/living-history-kinner-sportwing

2001p_kinner_001_16x9.jpg?h=675&w=1200&l

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Real thing looks pretty maneuverable actually...

Amazing video, and I could afford to buy that!

The freeware download that is...

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:36 PM, Coneman said:

For those that like this genre, and are a little more adventurous, I always liked Craig Richardsons work. His later stuff seems more like payware, and it will port, with a little work, just fine into MSFS. The Dart Kitten is an example, and just needed some help with the glass. The Camel is exceptional too. But they have to be FSX native.

The Kitten is great, I agree.  But how did you overcome the opaque external glass.